5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Compact and does the job
Purchased as a gift for an elderly friend, the buttons and knobs are on the top of the Boombox where they can be easily found and the CD loads from the top which makes it easier. Does what she needs it to do without a lot of confusion on how to operate it.
Published 12 months ago by judith a foster

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Single CD Player with AM/FM Radio
Published 11 months ago by Scott D. Welch

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Single CD Player with AM/FM Radio, January 3, 2014
Scott D. Welch (Florida West Coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
This Memorex 3221 is a basic, single CD player with an AM/FM radio. The unit itself functions as it should, it plays CDs (music and CD audio books) with no issues. I have never experienced any skipping or instances of non-play. With music the range is pretty good all the way around, high, mid and bass. With the volume too high you may experience some distortion depending on the type of music. For audio books I find that the sound is crisp and clear.

The radio works as good as you can get radio reception. By that I mean if you live in an area with poor, not-so-good, reception that is what you will get. My area is pretty good so I am able to get a large range of stations, though this is used primarily for book CDs.

There is an AUX IN port in the front and this can be used to connect an MP3 player (with the correct cable) if you want to have a much longer selection of music playing. There is no option allowing use of headphones or ear buds. The lid over the CD is pressed down and it pops up to either insert or remove a CD. It runs on either AC or with six (6) "C" batteries. I have never used batteries so I have no idea how long they would last, but it does add a portability feature allowing you to take it to a place where there are no electrical outlets.

My reason for the 3 star review is that this is just your average everyday single CD player/AM-FM radio with no real bells and whistles. If that is all you want or need, this should work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Compact and does the job, December 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for us, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
I purchased this boombox for my dad to use in his dusty workshop. He loves it. The cds do not skip, and the radio picks up the stations in our area very well. For the price, it is a good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memorex CD Boombox, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
I purchased this product at walmart for $10 cheaper. It for my g-son. Very thin plastic, but hopefully it will last for awhile. I like that you can plug in to an outlet, but can use with batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I needed, February 9, 2014
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
I was just looking for a small CD player boombox for my 5 year old son. You can't expect this to have super quality sound at high volume because of it's size, so for those people who complain about quality sound, you are not buying the right product for your priorities. This has fine sound for a bedroom and/or a boy/girl who just wants to have some music behind it. It is easy to use as my son has learned how to use in in just a few days. It is light enough that he can unplug it an move it to another room if he wants to. It still has pretty good sound at higher volumes as I'm having to tell someone to "turn it down" a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It., March 22, 2014
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
I'm very happy with this boombox, the sound quality is very good. My CD's sound awesome, I would purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
Good Solid Product, uses 6 "D" Batteries or 12V plug, dials are tight with no play user friendly to operate, good gift for elderly, sound is nice (midrange), not distorted but clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, February 8, 2014
Sound is great.
Lightweight to move from room to room while I listen to all my audio books & clean the house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for an old school item, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
I had to buy this item because my office did not allow anything bluetooth or remote and I have to say this does the trick.It reminds me of my middle school boombox but worth it. Nothing fancy, no remote or anything, but CD and radio is pretty solid. Also has an AUX jack in the front

1.0 out of 5 stars CD's skip, speakers buzz, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
Can't play CD's with out skipping. Speakers are low quality. I know it's small; I was not expecting Bose, but even at med-low volume in a small room the speakers buzz and sound tinny. Returning this.

Memorex Portable CD Boombox with AM FM Radio