Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Memories for My Grandchild: A Keepsake to Remember (Grandparent's Memory Book) Spiral-bound – March 15, 2010
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The end of each section includes page or two to post photos, memorabilia, etc. There is a pocket at the end of the book where you can store photos, old letters etc. It's not large enough to hold more than a few pictures and maybe a letter or two.
The book has a stretchy band to pull over the front cover which holds it closed.
The other memory books I bought were: Grandma, Tell me your memories, A Father's Legacy, Share your stories Grandpa, and A Grandparent's Legacy.
I highly recommend Memories for My Grandchild, a Keepsake to Remember. It's a fitting, journal-sized book, has a variety of questions and provides ample room for sharing memories and posting photos.
I also read tons of reviews for many of the other books (many of them mentioned in other review comments). I finally decided to order a copy of this one, even though I wasn't 100% if it would fit what I wanted it. After I received it, I immediately ordered a second one so both grandmothers could have one.
What I like about it:
- It is hardcover over a spiral binding (best of both worlds, to me!)
- It has an elastic strap on the outside to hold it shut (just a nice touch)
- It is divided into a handful of "chapter" sections based on stages of life (childhood, school years, etc.)
- It has just a couple pages for basic geneology, which is nice to have for the record but not what I wanted the book to focus on
- There are several questions on each page with a good amount of lines to fill in each answer
- I liked the questions. There were a lot of them. They were a good balance of specific-answers and open-ended. They asked about facts but also got personal. They covered most all of the important and interesting areas of life, asking about preferences and experiences and also personal responses (e.g. asking about length of marriage but also to reflect on what made the marriage last that long).
- I felt that a completed or even partially completed copy of this book would give me a very thorough insight and memorial into my grandmothers without being too shallow nor probing too deep for a written record.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
gift for a co-worker who is expecting her first grandchild. perfectPublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
Such a beautiful idea. I bought this for my grandma, but she declined to write in it. I don't think she fully understood the concept.Published 13 days ago by Megan P
I bought a couple of these memory books, one for my dad and the other for a good friend. I believe the memories our parents share on these pages are absolute treasures.Published 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
This book was a holiday gift to parents from my son. They LOVED it. It is nicely put together and a great way to keep memories alive. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Robin
I love this book! These template pages provide adequate space for memories to be shared and passed down.Published 20 days ago by sly
Print was a little small for us older folks but a grate format to fallow.Published 21 days ago by James R Holroyd
Boy, there is a lot of information to write on each page. I would think my daughter would appreciate the info more than the grandson.Published 22 days ago by Jean Bernius
I really do not think most of this information is interesting to a grandchild. My fault really as I do not know what I was expecting. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
Very good size book. Extremely durable and beautiful pages.Published 27 days ago by Amazon Customer