5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised
Published 23 months ago by Glazier

3.0 out of 5 stars CHECK THE FINE PRINT
Published 2 months ago by Taylor Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, March 24, 2013
This review is from: 32GB 32G Memory Stick PRO Duo for PSP, Camera, Phone, Photo Frame, MicroSD + EnjoyGadgets Adapter (Personal Computers)
I bought the memory stick when it was on sale and figured that even if it didn't work, I would only have been set back by about $26 and I could probably always appropriate the microSD card for something else. The memory stick adapter + microSD card came in bulk packaging; in other words, the adapter + microSD card was contained in a small, clear plastic case that was mailed in a padded envelope. Delivery was prompt and actually arrived two days ahead of the estimated delivery date.

I cannot speak for other Sony products, but the memory stick slotted into my PSP-3000 without problems. However, although the official firmware (6.60) could read the memory stick, the PSP's native OS could not format it. Every time I tried, I got the error message that there is no memory stick inserted. In order to format the memory stick, I needed to attach my PSP to my computer via USB and format it using Windows 7 (my current OS). When formatting, I had to manually select FAT32 64bit instead of the default parameters, as selecting a lower bit size will result in an error message and non-FAT32 formats cannot be read by the PSP firmware.

(This formatting step was necessary for me to transfer data onto the memory stick, but it may be the results of my attempts at formatting the memory stick with the PSP instead of plug and play out of the box. Initially, the PSP recognized the memory stick and it was not until I attempted to format the memory stick that it was no longer recognizable. So the entire formatting ordeal was most likely unnecessary. However, if for whatever reason you should need to reformat the memory stick, know that it is possible, just not via the PSP firmware.)

After the initial confusion, the memory stick is working as advertised and I have the full 29.6GB of space as expected from a 32GB stick. I have not noticed any discernible slow downs when running games off of the memory stick adapter compared to a PRO Duo memory stick. Other than the inability to format natively with the PSP, there is no noticeable difference between this product and an actual PRO Duo memory stick. At less than a dollar per GB of usable space, this is one of the best deals I have found.

In addition, for those who may consider buying this for a modded PSP, I've had no problems using this card with custom firmware (PRO-C fix3).

5.0 out of 5 stars Its all you'll ever need,, April 26, 2013
I bought this for my PSP 3000. To confirm, It actually is a micro SD card inserted into a converter/reader which is specially designed to match Sony proprietary products. So it should be compatible with your gaming consoles, cameras..etc. I did not have to reformat the card as the PSP automatically recognized 29GB of free space. But thats how memory cards are as we all know, If you need to format the card for any reason, you may only do so buy using a computer (connecting a usb cable between the pc and your PSP)
I once tried formatting the card via the PSP just for the heck of it, but the PSP keeps getting an error that it cant read the card or something? So I connected it to my pc. Formatting the card to a FAT32 system should work but remember to REBOOT the PSP afterwards. If it reads 29GB of free space after the reboot then your good to go. So for 27 bucks... this definitely is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 31, 2012
Came to me promptly and it was packaged nicely! Now I can have all of my PSP games on one memory card instead of having to sacrifice games for music because of space on a tiny memory card. The only 32gb Pro duo card I found for under fifty bucks! I got lucky with this awesome buy!! Definitely happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain priced, made well, works great, ☆★☆★☆, July 23, 2013
Christina (California, USA) - See all my reviews
When a friend of mine gifted me her gently used PSP-1001 it was with the understanding that she'd keep the memory card. Needing a memory card of my own, I looked on Amazon for a 16GB or 32GB one. I preferred Sony, but I was dismayed to find out that a 32GB Sony memory card sells for over $50!! Outrageous!

After shopping around for a few hours, I stumbled across this listing. At $26.99 it seemed a little fishy, but after carefully reading the products positive reviews I took the plunge. Really glad I did, because the product I received is amazing.

All it took was a quick format and the card was ready to use. It's a microSD card inserted into an adapter, but the PSP-1001 reads the card like any other. Happy to report that after a month of use I haven't experienced any problems.

Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamestop sucks., May 13, 2014
I went the other day to Gamestop and they told me the price for 2GB memory stick for the PSP is $20. Ridiculous right? Amazon has a 32GB for less than that. This works with my PSP perfectly. At first when you put it in the system it wont read it but all you have to do is format it in your computer and then put it back in the PSP and bam! It'll work like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories are precious, September 1, 2013
READ BEFORE WRITING A COMPLAINT THAT IT DOESN'T WORK: format the stick first. Settings>System Settings>Format Memory stick on your XMB.

Now onto the actual review. This stick is crazy amounts of value for what I paid, $25 to be exact. Keep in mind, this isn't SPECIFICALLY a PSP memory stick, it just works as one. What it is is a PSP memory stick-shaped mini-SD adapter, so guess what? You have any other mini-SD cards laying around? Now THOSE can be your memory sticks, too! Works great, I can transfer data directly between my tablet and PSP by way of the mini-SD, instead of fumbling around with the cable every time I want to download something, and with the huge capacity my PSP has never been more fun. My only complaint is that it takes longer than an actual memory stick to be read by the PSP, but this is a very minor complaint and it only adds about 5 seconds. Buy this, it is worth the money while it is so very cheap.

3.0 out of 5 stars CHECK THE FINE PRINT, December 30, 2014
Ok so Ive noticed a distinct pattern here and that's older reviews say it works fine and newer in this year say otherwise. Now I direct you to this 'Compatible with SONY PSP (up to firmware v6.35)' that is in the fine print now that was a new firmware version back in 2010. So if you're firmware is higher than that you have a problem the lastest is 6. 60. And thus everyone was 'duped' because they didn't read that. If I were you I would alert Amazon to that because it should be in the description along with a clear warning and that you may need to format you're card. If you would also read the reviews say you may need to FORMAT. The card in some easy steps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Easy, June 13, 2014
Using it with PSP on 6.60 Pro, no issues. transfer speeds from pc are 4-5mb/s so all is fine in that department. No slowdowns. I was also able to format the memorystick in the psp no issues.

A cheap 32GB and worthwhile.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed..., May 20, 2014
ordered 2 of them...one did not work at all
Have ordered in the past, but looks like quality has really deteriorated lately

1.0 out of 5 stars Lied about how it was intended to work, returned it immediately, March 13, 2014
It was not recognized by any of the devices it stated would be compatible with it, so I returned it immediately. Very disappointed, don't order this