5.0 out of 5 stars GC Memory Card for Wii
The product worked great. It delivered fast, and works with all the Gamecube games I needed. I own a Wii, not a Gamecube, and this was a great buy at cheap price. Exactly what I need to play GC games on my Wii. Recommend!
Published on February 6, 2009 by Jared Reeves

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE USING 1019 BLOCK MEMORY CARDS WITH A Wii
Published on June 1, 2012 by Mike Mullins

5.0 out of 5 stars GC Memory Card for Wii, February 6, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Memory Card for Wii Console 64 MB (1019 Blocks) (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, June 13, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Lots of storage space and works without a hitch.

I got a little nervous when I opened the shipping packaging and saw that the logo said the memory card was for the Wii. But it works perfectly fine on the gamecube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Thinking!, May 19, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was very happy with the product which is getting quite a workout! It is a memory unit for Wii but works like a dream with Gamecube. Good thinking to the folks who came up with the idea to make them interchangeable. Really good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars good memory card, cheap price, June 30, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I always like aftermarket poducts that are cheap and work like the origional. This is one of those.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamecube Memory Card, February 11, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This memory card works great for saving all our game progress with no problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 14, 2008
Bazuro (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
What can I say? This memory card was cheap, has plenty of space for all my saves, and works great.

For what it is, it's the best deal out there that I could find.

You'll probably never need another card, as this one can hold whatever saves you can put on it. As soon as I got mine, I stuck it in my GameCube, and it's been there ever since.

A solid buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but scared me, November 9, 2011
The product works, but scared me at first. I put it in my wii (I had a gamecube game and control) and tried to play, but my wii didn't recognize it. I took it out and tried the other slot, still didn't work. I tried the first slot again and it's worked fine from then on. I asked how much a card was at gamestop and they told me $20, used, with less memory. I got this in brand new condition for $7 and it works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamecube Memory Card, April 23, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Before purchasing I wanted to get the most bang for my buck and this seemed to be what I needed. It proved to be true and works as I desired. Product was as advertised and shipment was timely. It arrived in good condition and worked out of the package with no issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE USING 1019 BLOCK MEMORY CARDS WITH A Wii, June 1, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought an original Nintendo brand 1019 block memory card back when I had a Gamecube. It worked as it should. Eventually my wife decided she had to have a Wii (and within a few months it was as if she'd bought an exercise machine...), so the Gamecube got shelved and I at least gained the ability to play most of my GC games in 480p, Wii component cables being far less scarce. I continued using the 64Mbit memory card for about a year. I only ever found one game that didn't like it, I believe it was Eternal Darkness. Then one day I could no longer load saves. All the data had been corrupted. I lost countless hours of progress in over 20 games, since this was the only card I ever needed to use. Twilight Princess (~100 hours alone), Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil, Metroid Prime 1 & 2...all either completed saves or 70-80% progress...gone. I tested it in the old Gamecube and it exhibited the same problem. I had no choice but to reformat it. I then tried playing a game, and was immediately informed that I would need to format the card (again). It was dead, no way to fix it. So, I got online and quickly found out what was going on. Wii consoles, for whatever reason, eventually destroy 1019 block memory cards. EVEN THE OFFICIAL NINTENDO CARDS. There has never been any sort of acknowledgement of this issue from Nintendo. Google "memory card 1019 wii corruption" and you'll find this is no isolated occurrence.

The only reason I took the time to write this is to inform fellow gamers about this issue, which apparently doesn't manifest itself immediately, but eventually it will happen. You're much better off buying several Nintendo 251 block cards, or seeing if any officially licensed third party cards (Nyko made some, I have one) can be found.

3.0 out of 5 stars Memory cards work, but not as well as I'd like, February 1, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I ordered 2 of these for my game cube because I never seem to have enough memory and I wanted extras on hand for travelling towns in Animal Crossing. The memory cards work, however, what I have a problem with is that they are very difficult to get in and out of the memory card slots on the game cube. If I had known this ahead of time, I would have ordered memory cards that were the same as the one I already had, but these seemed like a good deal.

Memory Card for Wii Console 64 MB (1019 Blocks)
Memory Card for Wii Console 64 MB (1019 Blocks) by Gen (GameCube, Nintendo Wii)
$9.99 $8.95