Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Memory options Is this laptop available with the 16GB memory option? Since it is not user upgradeable later, it has to be ordered exactly as desired.
asked by Benny Bookman on June 27, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
You can not upgrade the memory in these laptops. You must order them directly from Apple.com with upgraded memory. The memory is soldered to the motherboard. These are not like past mac laptops where you just had a panel you unscrewed and upgraded memory or HDD.
drake answered on July 13, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Unfortunately, you can only purchase the versions they sell online. I called Amazon.com Reps and confirmed they don't customized Macbook Pros.
T. Wade answered on July 1, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yep, amazon only carries the generic versions. Dont think Bestbuy will do it either, I tried and they only carry the generic ones too. If you want 16gigs of ram you will have to order it from Apple.
R. Dufrene answered on July 12, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't think we can upgrade since those are customized. I think Amazon will only carry the two general versions, not built to order editions.
AhmudW answered on June 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have one available with the 16 GB RAM and upgraded 768GB SSD Flash HD and the better processor
Amazon-o-holic answered on June 18, 2014

A
The model I have listed under ttNB has 16GB of RAM. Check the descriptions well. Amazon did not have the exact model of my configuration. Everything is identical except for added extras, including the RAM.
ttNB  SELLER  answered on August 30, 2015    See this seller's offer   |   See all buying options
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product