Memphis
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$16.75 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 16, 2011
By Jim Clark, publisher, Lee County Courier, Tupelo, MS

Musical connoisseurs, like myself, know of Bill Toms and his legendary performances. I hope if you love music you'll check out this Pittsburgh native who could be the son of Springsteen and Tom Waits.
When not solo, he's been with another unsung hero, Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers. He's opened for The Band, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Little Feat and Stevie Ray Vaughn.
His latest CD'Memphis is a sonic masterpiece, a gumbo of rhythm and blues, soul, folk, and rock and roll.
Bill is a street philosopher, like many of the aforementioned, who has been pondering hitting the big 50 this year.
"I would have guessed, that standing next to fifty would be a time of great anxiety. But I believe, I am more content, and the ground beneath my feet more solid then ever. Not necessarily a pillar of concrete, but one that is more easy to walk upon. To all my friends, I thank you for making my journey worth the price of the ticket," he said.
Bill has released six studio CDs, a single EP and the critically acclaimed Live at Moondogs: Another Moonlight Mystery.
This is an artist to watch, enjoy and tear down the highway, with the windows down and the music up.
on October 21, 2011
I was glad to see that Bill had released another CD. One never knows when an artist is going to hang up their rock & roll shoes. After 7 prior discs (that I know of anyhow), he may just have released his best. He continues to reflect the influence of Springsteen & Joe Grushecky. He was with Grushecky for years in one of the incarnations of the [Iron City] Houserockers. The first couple of cuts are the cream of the crop but the rest do him justice as well; especially the final cut- - Let's Make a Better World.
If you are unfamilliar with his work by all means buy this and then check out whichever of the others is still out there.
on September 17, 2011
Bill Toms hit the nail on the head with this southern style and deep raspy sounding voice. Clear as a bell and able to understand the words with the music. 5 star rating get it while the getting is good!