4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a beginner
I am neither a professional nor avid player. I enjoy music and play for fun. High quality and value instruments have their place. I appreciate both. This instrument is for a beginner kid.
Published on October 20, 2012 by Tom

1.0 out of 5 stars Just say No!
This thing sucks! It's un-tune-able and flimsy. Stay away!
Published 3 months ago by Bar.f

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a beginner, October 20, 2012
This review is from: Mendini 13-Inch MA250 Natural Varnish Solid Wood Viola with Case, Bow, Rosin, Bridge and Strings (Electronics)
What I like: Decent beginner quality in sound. Look is comparable to many that are higher price. The included hard case not only looks nice but also does a good job protecting the viola. The bow is decent to use and handle. The price is unbeatable vs the local store.
What I don't like: the pegs could come loose easily. It took me more than few times to adjust and re-adjust to stabilize them and the strings. The chin rest is not comfortable enough to use. I purchased another from a local store for better fit and comfort. The horse hair of the bow gradually breaks after a few weeks. After almost 6 months of daily uses, a little more than happy is left. Maybe it's normal wear and tear. I'm looking for a hair replacement.
Overall, it is an excellent value for a beginner. It opens up a wonderful world of music to a kid. I'm happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for beginning instrument, November 22, 2012
Tom Schin (Ballston Spa, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This is a good value for a starter instrument. The rental places will charge as much over a two year period. This is a great value for what you get. Buy an extra rosin block though, this one is tiny and hard to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars still playing, April 1, 2014
bought this for my daughter more than a year ago, she's still playing it. Came with everything and extras plus case.
She's now well into her second year playing in her school orchestra and it has been tuned many times. Still have all the extras.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just say No!, November 18, 2014
This thing sucks! It's un-tune-able and flimsy. Stay away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Of all the brands we've tried, this is by far the easiest to install., February 18, 2015
This sounded way better than the $800 viola we rented.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product good Case bad, July 17, 2014
the case has little protection:(

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 22, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY DISAPOINTED, September 11, 2012
I bought this for my daughter who wanted to start viola lessons at school. She took it the first day and the teacher found so many problems with it. Thankful Amazon has such great customer service and I was able to return. Don't waste your money or time on this product. It is very poorly made,

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor Viola, October 3, 2012
Just to let you know, when you buy a viola that is smaller than size 16 you are actually getting a violin with viola strings.
My review.. This viola is horrible, I know you get what you pay for and I was not expecting a great viola when I ordered this after all it was for my 8 year old, but I didn't realize how bad it was until I brought it into 3 stores who estimated it would cost between 100-150 to fix it up to make it right. The wood was warped, the bridges were wrong, the strings were cheap, the pegs were bent and I was told I would be lucky if I got a month of use from the bow. One store did a side by side comparison of a decent viola ( not great) and you could see and hear the differences. One store told me the best thing I did was buy it from a store which had a 30 day return policy(kkmusic great store to work with)
Do not waste your money you will still need to pay for shipping it back.