5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks for the money
Published 17 months ago by Outdoorsman

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, until you wash them
I liked these, but even in a cold water wash and low heat dry, they shrank and became unwearable. This is the same treatment I give all my other wool socks, and they're all fine

I'd avoid these and ho with a name brand that will last through more than one washing.
Published 18 months ago by TWR

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks for the money, January 31, 2013
This review is from: Mens Premium Heel and Toe Merino Wool Boot Socks 6-pack, Shoe Size 6-12 (Apparel)
These are great socks for this price. They do not contain cotton like another review stated. They are 65% Merino wool, 20% polyester, 13% nylon, 1% elastic, 1% rubber. The terry lining is like most other merino wool socks and does a great job of wicking moisture away from the skin. They are a little thinner than I thought they would be considering they are Medium padding but not too thin to be uncomfortable. I have not had a chance to wash them yet to see how they hold up after a wash and dry cycle.

UPDATE: After washing and drying the socks a couple of times I have not noticed any shrinking, I wear a size 12 shoe and don't have a problem. 100% satisfied!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOT SOCKS FOR YEAR-ROUND WEAR, November 12, 2011
It's the merino wool that makes these the best boot socks for year-round wear. Ever wonder why the U.S. military issues wool socks to the troops? Here's your chance to get a clue. Wool breathes, making the feet comfortable, and very importantly, wool does not hold moisture and become soggy like cotton and poly-blends. Instead, wool "wicks away" the moisture, keeping the feet drier and more comfortable. Some people are truly allergic to wool, while many more people "think" they're allergic("Oooh! Wool itches! Wool is so scratchy!" etc.). To eliminate that "fear", the maker of these socks put a layer of cotton on the inside next to the feet. This cotton layer can't become wet and soggy because it is covered with a layer of pure soft merino wool which carries the moisture to the surface of the sock, keeping the feet dry and comfy in hot or cold weather. In extreme cold, the wool holds a layer of body-heated air keeping the feet warmer. One final point: wool wears like iron--so expect to get years of service from these babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty feet in the snow, January 18, 2012
I bought these for the coldest winter of my life. Afghanistan...Before my feet were going numb. Not any more. The first day I wore them my feet were so warm and comfortable. Even walking around in ice and snow. These are a must for anyone who works outside in the cold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, December 7, 2012
I have been wearing Smartwool socks pretty much exclusively for the last ten years or so. I have always bought them at Dick's or REI, at $15-18 a pair. These are pretty much indistinguishable from the ones from the sporting goods chains, and they were a fraction of the cost. I don't imagine I'll be buying any more at three times the cost!

4.0 out of 5 stars goodbye bigfoot., November 17, 2013
very nice quality sock, nice and thick but they do shrink. hard. in my case it does not prevent me from using them since i have a size 9 foot but if you are on the 12 side of their 6-12 size range you will not be able to wear these after they shrink.

Update 12/20/13
the shrinking continues. i can no longer wear these socks and have given them to my wife who will then pass them on to our 3 yr old after they shrink down to her size. it's kind of weird that they just keep shrinking with no end in sight. soon they will collapse into a black hole taking the neighborhood with it as it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, until you wash them, December 24, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Significantly shrank after few washes., June 29, 2013
Was I suppose to wash my socks? May be I didn't get the memo.
The socks were great, but I found myself having difficulty putting it on after a few weeks. They shrank significantly after the first few washes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too small - Tight around ankles, November 27, 2012
I ordered these months ago, and ended up giving them to my little sister. There's no way these are size 12, or even size 10. These should be listed as shoe size 6 - 8. Quality seems good enough, but when ordering this clarification needs to be made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, January 30, 2013
We were making care packages for the local street people, and I felt like these were a good combination of warmth, versatility, and price. My husband kept a pair for himself, and is enjoying them as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, dry, soft, April 24, 2013
These socks are amazing! Can't beat them for the price. They are comfortable, they stay dry, and they are very soft. They are warm when you want them to be and cool when you want them to be. My biggest complaint and reason for 4 star is that they shrink! I will strictly air dry my next pack. Even on low heat they shrink up. It's kind of disappointing. Stick to air drying and you will have these socks for a long time.

Rate and Discover Movies