Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Star Trek Classic Deluxe Shirt Costume
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 5, 2011
This shirt had some good details, the quality (for a costume) is very good. My only warning is with the fit. The shirt gets tighter around the torsoe, and while any other Large shirt would be otherwise not unflattering to my gut, this shirt does a decent job at highlighting the fact that I didn't work out enough over the summer. I'm not sure a XL would have helped. I think (now, as I'm writing this) the shirt may be better suited to someone with a flatter mid-section.
So - if true Shatner fashion, I may need to sport the Kirk shirt with a girdle.
Time to target my phaser on carbs!
on October 22, 2012
This is a decent shirt for the price. It's not an exact replica, for one, the embroidered emblem is about half the size as it should be. I'm 6 foot and 185 lbs, I ended up getting a large - the cut of the shirt is a bit tight in the underarms, but fits fine everywhere else well enough.

It is form fitting with very little stretch to the fabric, so if you have a Kirk gut, prepare for everyone else to know it too. If you're a bit hefty in size, it's not going to fit. The arm length is fine for me, but those with shorter arms might find the sleeves dangling a bit. It appears this shirt is made for someone tall and skinny with no armpits.

For the price, the shirt is decent. Unfortunately, there's not much choice for Trek costumes, and short of making one, this one will do. I wish the embroidered emblem wasn't so small and the material was made of stretchier stuff (or the armpit area was cut to a size for a normal human being.) But think of it this way, you can be the first red shirt to die from his uniform that's causing a lack of blood circulation to his arms rather than death by a malevolent alien creature.
on November 16, 2010
I bought this for halloween. It came one day ahead of schedule which was good because I had to take it to be altered. I needed to have it taken up because it was too long and I had to have the gold bands sewn back on properly (one on each side was unraveling when I opened the package). I was quite happy with the shirt after I had those minor details addressed, although it would have been nice if I didn't have to.
on February 25, 2015
GREAT SHIRT!!! I bought a large because of my mid-section. Good thing that I did! I'm 5'4" and the sleeves were perfect in length but it didn't hide my muffin-top. I take the blame for that. I'll have some incentive to loose a little weight. I recommend you get the next size larger than you are used to buying. I'm just thankful that it made William Shatner smile!!!
on March 14, 2013
The collar on this thing is so ridiculously huge you could wear it around your waist! It's like this on every version I've seen of this shirt (photo above is completely misleading). WTH??

Why is there no middle ground available in TOS trek uniforms between this joke and the $300 replicas?
on October 29, 2014
Description says “This look is from the classic star trek series”

***this is a false statement***

here is why: it has a pattern printed on it that appears to be tiny star trek emblems … ALL OVER!!! What I received is NOT what was pictured and it is most certainly not the look of the “classic star trek series” outfit! This is supposed to be a plain red shirt with a black collar and a single gold star trek emblem on the left side of the chest.

This would not be a big deal IF I DIDN’T ALREADY HAVE THE ORIGINAL PHASER AND TRICORDER! How can I wear a 2009 movie shirt with a 1967 Tricorder and phaser? That is wrong, just as wrong as this product description! My outfit is ruined. I would rather not go to the party with this outfit than to try and pass this mismatched compilation off as a bad joke.

Thanks a lot for sending me something completely different than what you have PICTURED and described in your add.
VINE VOICEon October 31, 2010
I bought this uniform shirt for Halloween and convention attendance.

The overall look is pretty good. The color is close to the TV show. It comes with all the rank and insignia, no extra purchases are necessary. The chest insignia is a tad small, though, and it isn't as shiny as on the show.

The shirt is way too long, and any attempt to tape or pin it is immediately visible from the outside, since this is very revealing synthetic fabric. My main negative issue with this shirt, though, is the scratchiness of the appliqued items - the sleeve braids especially really itch.

For the price, this is an OK investment. But it is probably more of a "beginner" costume than a permanent solution. I may be recruiting my wife to sew me a better one soon.
on December 28, 2012
Looks different in the picture.. I don't understand why it's so hard to get a better replica of this costume.
on October 18, 2011
I noticed what a lot of other people have been saying. The sleeves are slightly larger in proportion with the torso.
The medium fit me nice and snuggly, the way it should, and I'm a 5'4", 155 pound girl with a fairly large chest.
The sleeves however are slightly to long, so Im going to try and hem them. They aren't long enough that they cover my hands, but just long enough to be slightly annoying.
Hopefully the hemming will also fix the fact that the ranks are too far up the sleeve.
Oh, and the insignia patch thing is awful. Just a mix of white and brown thread. I think I would have been happier with a shiny screen printing.

And I just want to point out there is a picture of kirk on the packaging, right where it says "Spock". LOL

Overall , its a pretty good costume.
Kinda itchy though.
on October 7, 2015
This thing couldn't get any less screen accurate if it tried. I ordered, this, tried it on, and immediately returned it. First off, it's scratchy as hell. If it had looked remotely like it did in the picture, I would have let it go. The collar is completely the wrong shape and it's HUGE! Great if you wanna show off some cleavage, not so great if you're a guy and don't have boobs. Also, it doesn't have the sleeve braids. If you want a cheapo TOS redshirt, buy a cheapo long sleeve shirt, a black fabric marker, and a first season TOS emblem. Color the collar black, sew the emblem on, there ya go. If you really want to go for accuracy, get some gold trim for the sleeves and hot glue or sew it on. All that will get you a WAY more authentic redshirt than this, and it'll be cheaper. It looks like they were trying to make a TOS shirt, but someone put the collar for the "Into Darkness" shirts on it and screwed it up. Lame.
review image review image