5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome like Possum
Picked up the "Singapore Mental Math Book grade 2" at a local school supply store to re-mediate my son. Mental math is a weakness for him, so we sat down together and reviewed the material.

Published on June 22, 2011 by Belle

2.0 out of 5 stars Singapore Math curriculum is very good but this book is not
I wouldn't recommend this book to a 2nd grader. I was disappointed and surprised due to the following reasons:

Published 15 months ago by Rahul Parmar

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome like Possum, June 22, 2011
Belle "belle3" (Toney, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mental Math, Grade 2: Strategies and Process Skills to Develop Mental Calculation (Singapore Math) (Paperback)

With the aid of this "Mental Maths grade 2" book, my son has made huge leaps with mental addition and subtraction. His school uses the "Math Connects" series and Singapore is much better when it comes to teaching mental math strategies. Use this book if your child is behind with basic numeracy. The book is inexpensive, simple, and effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, February 28, 2012
P. Smith (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I was satisfied with this book, but it's got very little content and it only has a few concepts. I wouldn't purchase it again, but it certainly gets the point across and I do not regret the purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Singapore Math curriculum is very good but this book is not, March 24, 2013
Rahul Parmar (Edison, NJ United States) - See all my reviews

- What a waste of space! The book uses large font and that is OK but nearly half of each page is blank. Only 52 very cheap quality pages of problems for $7-8. Each page has 10 problems only (e.g. one page for number - 0, another for number + 0, another for number + 1, another for number - 1 etc.)

- Some strategies are questionable in terms of effectiveness of teaching MENTAL math, esp to 2nd graders. They are a little twisted and better ways exist to teach mental math (I say this after using this book for my child)

- Not a single page uses any diagrams/pictures to reinforce any learning

- This book wouldn't be challenging for most grade 2nd graders (my child is only in Pre-K 4 and could finish this book in less than a month, spending 20-25 mins a day, and she is barely above average in her class)

This book is worth a dollar or two at the most given the number of problems alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 29, 2014
Awesome. Kids used this and it was so helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help, January 27, 2014
My daughter is in 2nd grade and this book is helping so much, I highly recommend it for home use or if someone is homeschooling. I just love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Mental math, December 6, 2012
Good guidance book to teach Mental Math to my son so that he doesn't have to use his fingers to caluculate. Wish there were more excercise pages to practice.

Rate and Discover Movies