5.0 out of 5 stars Mentored by a Millionaire
Published on November 9, 2004 by Diamond IBO

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, depends on what you are looking for
This book is actually two subjects.

The first third of this book explains how the author rose above an early life of failures and mediocrity. The author met a mentor who emphasised respecting other employees, people, and profit sharing. This mentor was a business partner and their company ended up making millions.

The next two thirds of the book is...
Published on November 12, 2005 by Sunny Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Mentored by a Millionaire, November 9, 2004
Diamond IBO (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mentored by a Millionaire: Master Strategies of Super Achievers (Hardcover)
Fortunately I saw Larry King's interview with Scott and decided to look it up on Amazon. Hugh Down's calling it a "revelation" motivated me to order it. I have read most of the self-help best-sellers on achievement, but I have never read a book like this one. Others, like 7 Habits give you great principles but don't really give you the skills or techniques you need to apply them to your daily life. Scott not only reveals his incredible strategies, he teaches you every necessary skill and technique to apply each strategy to the important areas of your life. This should not be called a self-help book, but a "how-to" book. While I really like it from a business perspective, my wife says she's more excited about using the skills in our marriage and with our kids. For the person that wants to achieve the extraordinary, this book is a no-brainer.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, depends on what you are looking for, November 12, 2005
This book is actually two subjects.

The next two thirds of the book is about how to write infomercials since that is what the author does for a living.

The book is a very detailed personal account of his company, events, and infomercials. Some references to the bible.

For me there's not much new here since I've read plenty of motivation and advertising books. But let's say you had a bad start or want to learn about infomercials, this book may be suitable for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great advise--too much about him., January 27, 2006
David G. Stokes (St. George, Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
Some time ago I read another book by Mr. Scott. I can't remember the title of the book, but I remember it being much the same as this one. He went on and on about his accomplishments; he went to school with Stephen Spielberg, held 9 unsuccessful jobs after graduating from college, wrote a successful screenplay (or something), and is now a successful primary partner in a major advertising company. It's great that he has had so many successes in his life, and I don't mind reading about it--once. To dwell on it in every book he writes gets a little annoying. On the other hand, he does offer a lot of great advise to readers; pointing out the fact that each and every one can accomplish equal feats. His writing style is entertaining. Though there are better books in this genre, I do recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have the DVD version, December 24, 2006
I enjoy reading but prefer multimedia learning. The DVD version of this book is being sold at $600 through his website. I found it on EBay for $177. Disappointed to see that the book is not included, but there is a workbook, an audio CD set, and a Vision Mapping organizer. After finding out that Scott is in the infomercial business, I became suspicious of whether this is just another hyped up self-help material. But, it turned out to be full of beef and little fluff. Scott is very down-to-earth and his teaching is very practicle.

After much thoughts, I am glad that Scott is an infomercial business man. Otherwise, we wouldn't have the opportunity to learn these strategies step by step because most super achievers wouldn't have the time and profitable reason to teach the general public how they made it there in such details.

This material has two qualities. First, it is taught by someone who has made it through these strategies. Second, it is put together by someone who only wants to sell products of highest quality. You can sense that this material is not put together just to make a sale, but to effectively benefit the user.

The "Vision Mapping" section alone is worth the money. I am a visionary person. For the dreams in the past, I would have achieved them better if I had applied these stategies, but it is never too late to apply them for the on going and future ones. I am buying the book for quick reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars These Strategies & Skills Changed My Life!!!, November 9, 2004
As an out of work single mother of r4 I began using the strategies in this book nearly as fast as I read them. They were as powerful and as easy to apply as Donald Trump said they would be in his review in the book's preface. I landed a job paying more money than I thought I was capable of earning and have already rec'd a raise. I applied the communication and relationship skills from the book and thankfully have recently married the man of my dreams. At 46, life is wonderful again. I feel like I know Steve personally because of the way he coaches you in each chapter. This book was given to me by a Christian businessman who said it would change everything if I followed it step by step. Boy was he right.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Total Life Success Book out, May 8, 2004
Jonzun Lee (Brisbane, Australia) - See all my reviews
Finally, I have found what I have been looking for !!! I have read Kiyosaki, Anthony Robbins, Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy and all the other excellent writers on success and motivation but somehow, I have had problems "seeing and putting it all together" until now. The book has covered success and achievement in such an easy to comprehend way and covers stuff that is simply mind blowing. Thank you Steven K Scott - you have managed to do what the others could not do for me. I suppose the others just dealt with parts of success, you have addressed achievement in a wholistic way. A must, must read and I can not recommend this book highly enough to anyone looking to take it much higher than you ever dreamed. Steven is a great mentor and tells you how to get there. This book is life changing when acted upon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Practical How-To Guide, August 31, 2006
Unlike other Self-Improvement books out there that are principle oriented, this one adds practical techniques, and step by step instructions on how to accomplish whatever you are dreaming of. Includes important information you don't learn at the university. I'm planning to get copies for friends and family.

3.0 out of 5 stars The book vs dvd/cd product on tv, March 1, 2007
Just in case anyone was considering trying/purchasing the dvd program on tv, the book has the same info - beware. So, you can pay the $20-30 for the book and read the info yourself or you can pay $600 for the dvds/cds, journal and 2 workbooks and basically have him read it to you. Besides that, the 30 day trial offer actually expires in just under 30 days (calculated from when you are billed not from when you receive the product as the reps tell you). So you will be billed for the first installment within 30 days. Please be aware of that.

The info is decent but very little of it is something original. If you are brand new to the "how to be successful" quest then there is helpful info such as vision mapping and how-to's of communication. Otherwise, if you already know how to write detailed goals and communicate your ideas the material might be a good refresher for you - therefore put into practice what you already know.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite and full of hubris, October 19, 2004
Although I had never heard of the author before, it only took a couple of pages to figure out that this book was written by someone in direct marketing. It has the tone of an infomercial.

I found it tiring to read, especially since the author used his own communications technique of "hooking" then "salting" and then using "emotional word pictures" to stretch a few simple concepts into a 273 page book. He should have abided by his own advice on page 107 which states, "too much salt is irritating and offensive." As is this book.

Wade through it and you will find good advice on finding a vision, communicating it and then acting upon it. But you will also be regaled with the author's incessant name dropping and immodest personal success stories. And by the end of the book you will be bombarded with the author's sermon of how you can be a better person (like him!).

All in all, it would make a nice 15-minute presentation. But if you read this kind of book, you've heard it all before anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars teaches strategies and skills instead of hype, February 17, 2006
Saw author's interview with Hugh Downs & Joan Lunden and bought the book the next day. Best self-help book i've ever read. Most are nothing but general principles & hype. Scott teaches specific strategies and skills that have already made a difference in my insurance business. Using his sales techniques, I've had a much better close ratio during the past 3 months. I wish I had this book ten years ago; i'd be a millionaire by now.

Mentored by a Millionaire: Master Strategies of Super Achievers
Mentored by a Millionaire: Master Strategies of Super Achievers by Steven K. Scott (Hardcover - January 26, 2004)
$34.00 $22.96