Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Van Melle Mentos Gum Pure Fresh, Mint, 15 ct
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 25, 2011
My dentist recommended I chew Mentos gum because the main ingredient is Xylitol and that it breaks down the bacteria that causes cavaties. Right there, I was sold. I'm a lifelong avid gum chewer and to have a dentist actually RECOMMEND I chew a certain brand was like music to my ears! I like that it's got the crunchy shell and then the inside is soft - and stays soft! I think the flavor lasts a decent amount of time - but I like to chew and usually have a piece long after the flavor is gone. I highly recommend this gum - my favorite is the spearmint flavor, but I've enjoyed all of the mint flavors. I haven't tried the fruity flavors because Xylitol isn't the main ingredient - dentist says it MUST be the main ingredient for it to work properly. :)
VINE VOICEon August 18, 2010
I tried several different flavors of Mentos gum, but was rather disappointed by the overall product.

First of all, the good points. The gum comes in a hard, durable container, which is easy to carry around in one's pants pocket, and also facilitates dispensing. Additionally, I like the initial texture of the gum, as it has a hard exterior shell and a soft chewy interior core, which immediately releases a burst of flavoring. Lastly, the texture and consistency of the gum is maintained throughout the mastication process.

Now, the bad part. The biggest drawback is that the flavor only lasts at most a few minutes, necessitating me to eat several pieces at once in order to maintain any semblance of lasting mint flavor. Compared to other rival brands such as Dentyne or Eclipse, this is unacceptable. I'm not interested in chewing a piece of bland plastic after just 2-3 minutes. Some have also commented that the hard container makes too much noise in one's pants pockets when walking around.

In summary, the Mentos are best used as an ephemeral breath mint, rather than a long-lasting gum.
on September 1, 2012
I did not like this product, but it is because I don't like chewing gum. I wanted the Sugarfree Mints but they were, and are, still unavailable, so I thought I would give it a try. I would love to have the Sugarfree Mints, not the gum.

See 1 answered question