Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mephisto Men's Gunter Lace-Up,Black Elcho,10 M US
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

86%
14%

on August 25, 2012
These shoes are very comfortable and a welcome style change from the standard-issue Mephisto of old. They are definitely dress shoes so I would not recommend wearing with jeans. Would not recommend even wearing with khakis unless you don't have any other options. The shoes are light weight with a LONG fashion-forward toe box. For this reason (long toe box), I suggest purchasing a half size smaller than with other Mephisto models. I'm a solid 10.5 in all Mephisto men's dress shoes except for these. My feet are swimming in the Mephisto Gunter 10.5. Width is slightly large, as well, compared to other Mephisto models. These are going back for a 10.0 - one half size smaller. I would purchase again and am deducting one star for the pronounced and noticeable difference in sizing.
on May 23, 2013
A pair of black dress shoes that you'll be comfortable in ALL DAY, you can't go wrong with these. Mephisto has a new line of shoes -- XL - extra light - which way 6-9 ounces - as compared to 2 pounds. And unlike Clark's, Bostonian, and Cole Hann they'll last you a good 2 years and that's if you wear them every day all day. I'd have much preferred the brown (& if there was brown available I would've gotten them too). Again if you need a pair of black dress shoes, you definitely won't regret this purchase.
on May 4, 2013
High quality shoes, nice style and extremely comfortable. I recommend ordering at least 1/2 size smaller than your normal shoe size to maximize fit and comfort. So far, I have been very happy with the purchase.
on January 3, 2014
Mephistos are expensive, but they are the best shoes I've had. They are very comfortable. This is also the first time I've bought them on-line. The 11 1/2s were too large, but it was free to return them and get the 11s, which fit well.
on April 26, 2013
I have an older pair of Mephisto Oxfords that fit well and are build very solidly. They needed new soles, so I bought these shoes and another pair to look them over and decide which pair to keep so I have some to wear when I send my others away. Instead, I kept both. Mephisto makes very comfortable and nice-looking shoes, and the first ones have lasted a long time. With new soles they should be as good as new. Yes, they're expensive, but they are worth it. They wear a long time, they feel almost like sneakers and they look great. What more could you want?
on May 1, 2013
Excellent shoe. Very attractive and comfortable. Definitely my favorite shoe. I liked them so much that I also purchased a similar pair in brown. Worth every penny.
on May 29, 2012
I have to say these are the most comfortable dress shoes I have ever worn. I may have to become a Mephisto lifer!