- File Size: 693 KB
- Print Length: 320 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: February 11, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00788334W
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,269,985 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #6139 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Lesbian Fiction
- #7419 in Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- #16915 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Gay Fiction
Mephisto Waltz Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The story follows a very put-together (and slightly stoic) 16 year old girl as she matures through adversity. It explores themes on family, romantic love, and religious faith, and how they may affect controversial (but otherwise wonderful) teens in small-minded, conservative American towns.
This book has some very gothic notes to it, and fans of Bronte's Jane Eyre will be pleased to see a modern take on her Lowood.
I did have some concerns about whether some of the characters were fully developed, and there were a few anachronisms that gave it a disjointed feel (seriously, what teen uses the word "louse" these days?), but altogether, this is an interesting story that focuses on contemporary teen problems, and I enjoyed reading it.
I wanted to give the book 5 stars, but it honestly needed one more edit before being made available to purchase. There were just enough word usage errors to be distracting. Too many to just ignore, but not enough to ruin the book. I hope this author writes more, but I also hope you have someone proofread for you next time.
I still love it. If you have ever had a feeling of attraction to a member of the same sex, if you have ever wondered whether homosexual thoughts, desires, and actions are the same thing, whether any of it is a sin, if you've ever had any internal conflict about any of this, or ever wondered about those who had, you need to read this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Some very good insight on coming of age, being different. I enjoyed the way it spoke to many different aspects of life.Published 5 months ago by Karen Shultz
This is a beautifully written young adult novel that isn't afraid to make the reader uncomfortable. Read morePublished 21 months ago by C. McMullen
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Lesbian Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult