For those who take cooking seriously and believe food preparation should be faster, easier, and more comfortable, the choice is Mercer. Mercer's brands feature exceptional quality in design, materials, and craftsmanship honed to the exacting performance needs of the discriminating chef--the professional and the enthusiast.
The Genesis Series
One piece, fully forged construction sets Genesis apart from many cutlery offerings in the consumer market today. High-carbon, no-stain, German components are crafted in Taiwan using European technology, which offers you the best value in forged blade cutlery. They are true cutlery of unparalleled quality, ready for any kitchen. NSF certified.
Open Stock: Choose from professional forged cutlery in a variety of lengths. The bolster provides optimal balance and the hand-polished edge guarantees years of superior performance.
Gift Sets: Mercer's Genesis knife sets provide the innovative chef an efficient, safe, and smart means of always having Genesis fully forged, German steel cutlery at hand and make great gift items as well.
High-Quality Knives Help Promote High-Quality Results
Knife Care Instructions
The performance of your knife can be diminished if not cared for properly. Please follow these guidelines to maximize the performance of Mercer's knives:
- After each use, carefully wash cutlery by hand with warm water and mild- to medium-strength soap; rinse and thoroughly dry it with a soft towel.
- Cutlery should never be washed in a dishwasher: the intense heat and radical temperature changes may cause the handle to deteriorate; the blade edges will become dull through rubbing against each other; and caustic soap will cause staining and pitting of the blade.
- Cutlery should not be soaked or submerged for long periods. Chlorine and bleach products discolor and pit stain-free and high-carbon steel. If chlorine or bleach products come in contact with the blade, thoroughly rinse off immediately.
- Galvanic action--the transfer of electrons from one metal to another--may cause pitting on the blades. To prevent this, avoid long periods of soaking in aluminum pans or a stainless-steel sink, remove cutlery from condiments (such as mayonnaise) stored in aluminum or stainless-steel pans.
- Always store cutlery in a cutlery block or sheath to preserve the cutting edges and prevent personal injury.
A supplier to the vast majority of cooking academies, Mercer Cutlery offers the Genesis Collection of kitchen knives to provide professional quality to the home chef. Comfortable, durable, and efficient, Genesis knives feature fully forged, single-piece blades made from high-carbon, no-stain German steel. Their taper-grind edges are polished by hand, and their substantial bolsters provide helpful balance. Black nonslip Santoprene handles make Genesis knives comfortable and secure in the grip, improving efficiency and safety in the kitchen.
A classic piece of cutlery, the Genesis 8-inch chef's knife delivers precise chopping, slicing, and mincing power for big cuts of meat, hard produce, and piles of herbs. A complement to the Genesis carving and santoku knives, the piece is made in Taiwan using European components and technology. It should be washed by hand for best results and carries Mercer's one-year warranty. --Emily Bedard