Automotive Holiday Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Format: PaperbackChange

on March 13, 2007
I really recommend this edition of "The Merchant of Venice" -- in fact, all of the New Cambridge Shakespeare. They are easily readable editions, and the extensive frontmatter -- introduction, commentary, background to the play, performance history -- are all wonderful, and add a lot to the experience. I recently purchased this edition of "The Merchant of Venice" along with the Arkangel CD of the play, and listened along while reading. It was a wonderful way to approach the play. And when I saw the recent production here in New York with F. Murray Abraham in the role of Shylock, I was very well prepared. Having read and listened to the play before seeing it made the whole experience much deeper.
on August 9, 2013
Initially I purchased the free version, but I found myself constantly needing to research various texts, or not bothering and remaining ignorant. Reading the introduction, etc. of this edition greatly reduced the need to research while reading the book, but when I did, more often than not there would be a footnote providing an answer. ALSO: footnotes are easily accessible AND it's only one tap to return to your spot/page.
This was the first Shakespeare I paid to purchase, but it certainly won't be my last.
on October 17, 2014
Super fast shipping! Item was exactly as described!
on October 6, 2015