Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mercy Mission/Nowhere to Land
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 31, 2008
I saw this film quite accidentally one evening while channel surfing and became engrossed in the story almost immediately. It is a disarmingly entertaining tale about a pilot who becomes lost over the Pacific Ocean in his small plane and seems certain to die as his plane is running out of fuel. His only hope is a resourceful and determined Air New Zealand commercial pilot who happens onto the unfolding drama, along with his planeload of passengers. The commercial pilot has to convince the Cessna pilot not to give up when everything looks hopeless and, at the same time, convince skeptical passengers that this is an effort worth taking a risk on. Overall, the story is gripping and highly entertaining. The final outcome is very inspiring and the movie as a whole provides a great message about what great and moral leadership is all about. A film you will want to watch with your children over and over.
on January 15, 2008
Being a single-engine airplane pilot myself, I first saw this film quite a few years ago and was very impressed at the realism of the story. This was basically due to the fact that I almost got into a situation of final loss in the middle of the jungle in Brasil. After seeing the film I knew it was a true story, and could feel the tightening around the heart that this pilot must have felt. Very good story! very good film! I highly recommend it!
on August 21, 2007
I have been awaiting this to come out on dvd for a while now. It stars Robert Loggia and Scott Bakula. Bakula is flying a single engine plane to another destination in the blackness of night over the ocean. He then encounters some problems with his plane and Loggia, who is Captain of a jet liner, offers his help. Won't say how it ends. This is an excellent tv movie that is full of suspense and tension. I highly recommend it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. My 5-star rating is based on the quality of it being a tv movie. You don't find many like this one. Not sure if I have seen "Nowhere To Land" so I won't rate that one.
By The Way: These are not Widescreen, they are Full Screen TV movies.
on April 23, 2011
I'm a huge Scott Bakula fan, so Scott was the initial attraction for me. To be honest though , I had no idea whether or not I would enjoy this particular movie - although after reading other reviewer's comments and knowing that the price I was spending was very reasonable, I figured the chances were pretty good that I would not be disappointed. Needless to say, both actors gave a very convincing and moving performance. Based on a true story, Robert Loggia plays a commercial airline pilot who is flying a passenger loaded plane on an overseas flight. Scott Bakula also plays a pilot, but one who is flying a smaller craft - also overseas - to a buyer. In sum, the smaller craft loses it's way and is lost somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with a tired pilot and a limited amount of fuel. The young pilot manages to contact air traffic control and is then hooked up with the much larger commercial airline. With permission from the passengers the pilot of the larger plane sets out to locate the smaller craft and assist the pilot in finding his way to the airport. There are some tense moments when it seems more and more unlikely that this mission will be a successful one, which should keep viewers glued to the screen. My favorite element of this film however is the relationship that is formed between the two pilots. The older pilot (Robert Loggia) refuses to let the younger pilot (Scott Bakula) give up - even when the situation becomes a dire one as the younger pilot is exhausted and running out of fuel. I wont give away the ending - although most can probably predict - but it is a rewarding one. As T.V. movies go this one is much better than average and it's a very inspiring story that the whole family can enjoy. I would highly recommend it to everyone!!!
on September 15, 2014
Mercy Mission - very good, based on a true story about a pilot flying a crop duster from the U.S. to Australia with several strategic stops for fuel. The plane is blown off course during a storm and instrumentation is defective. A passenger jet pilot is determined to help find the crop duster and guide him to a safe landing with even as the small plane is out of fuel. Well acted by Scott Bakula and Robert Loggia.
on April 26, 2014
I'm happy to finally get "Mercy Mission" on DVD! I saw this movie years ago and bought it on VHS. It's a well-acted movie with Scott Bakula as the pilot of a crop duster trying to deliver it to Hawaii from the US mainland, and Robert Loggia as the airliner captain trying (from the air) to help him. It has some good lines and it seems realistic. I definitely recommend this good, family movie. Oh, and the DVD has a bonus! The movie "Nowhere to Land" is on the disc; it's one I haven't seen, so I am in anticipation of watching another suspenseful movie. Buy this; you won't be disappointed.
on February 22, 2015
Both movies are of top caliber. Mercy Mission with Scott Bakula & Robert Loggia is based on a very true story, and the Nowhere To Land is a very exciting & fast paced airplane nasty bomb story that keeps you on the edge of your seat to the end. Very worthwhile buy.
on February 5, 2014
A True story that had me guessing until the end of the picture. I'm not making this up, I watched it straight through, that is hope much I was envolved with the story. Scott Bakula was believeable in the role as the lost pilot. Robert Loggia was perfectly cast as the veteran pilot who brings him to safety. Both of these films are winners, driven by good writing, acting, and very important, casting the characters with actors who have the talent in capturing the emotions and so on. I'm stopping here, buy it, you won't regret it and folks
it is time well spent.
VINE VOICEon October 27, 2014
We ordered this one as a rental and hadn't read any reviews on it; the synopsis sounded like it might be reasonably enjoyable and it seemed to offer some hope that it would be passably entertaining. We had totally underestimated these two movies and discovered they were gems of the genre.

Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed both movies and found them to be excellent entertainment. They are well directed, cast, acted and produced and provided two evenings of first class family entertainment. I highly recommend them.
on August 25, 2007
This is a true story of how a pilot ferrying a single engine cropduster across the ocean, was saved by the help of a pilot in a passing airliner. Finding the location of the lost pilot is a lesson in science. It's a heartwarming family movie.