Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Color: Dark ChocolateChange

on January 21, 2013
I ordered sugar free but what came was a regular sugar filled candy coating. I ordered more than once and the same thing happened both times. very disappointed.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
I used part of this chocolate to dip dried fruit, and I used the rest of it to make sugar free chocolate chip cookies. Both turned out very good! It melted nicely for dipping, and I just broke up the disks for the cookies. These were both nice Christmas treats for my diabetic mother.
on December 27, 2013
There's just no comparison. Merkens is high quality chocolate, not colored (or bleached) wax. I don't have frequent success tempering chocolate, so I was thrilled to find a product this good that doesn't need tempering.

HOWEVER, due perhaps to the fact that it was the holiday season, a 1 lb bag of white wafers cost about 4 times what it does in a candy-making supply store in my area. That's pretty shabby, in my opinion, and I hope the seller stops jacking up the price.
on February 19, 2014
We were so happy to find sugar free dark chocolate melts on Amazon.com Free shipping was a major plus on this item
We've bought several Werken products Glad they have included sugar free products for homemade chocolate makers
. Would like to see more . Thank you!
on December 9, 2010
You can buy the same bag of chocolate at any Michaels store for $2.99. I got a ton of bags on sale for $1.99 there! Don't waste your money or your time waiting for this bag
44 comments25 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2013
This product was great and exactly as advertised. My only issue is that I ordered it in the summer and it had completely melted into one big blob of chocolate, which was not ideal for cooking
on October 14, 2013
Great product and great service. Used them for dipping strawberries for 4th of July picnic and family celebration. True to advertisement.
on April 19, 2014
These melt very easily and smoothly. After melting I put in a ziplock back and snipped the corner to pipe the chocolate inside pretzels. This process worked great and the consistency was very workable. It firmed up in ~15 minutes. This allowed plenty of time to work with it before it got too firm. Some reviews stated that the price is spendy online, but since I live in a small town it's better then driving a long way or waiting until the next trip. High quality. I recommend!
on October 30, 2014
The best chocolate melts ever!!! I use it the make Mickey Mouse cake pops.... I tried using the wiltons candy melts and it was so thick and nasty. When I got these it was a breath of fresh air.. It was so smooth and thin... Perfect for dipping and great for getting clean pops... When the dried the chocolate was a great hard shell like how it's suppose to be not soft and mushy!!!! It taste taste great also!!!! I'm never going back to wiltons!!!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 24, 2014
These are great for simple chocolate crafts- simply melt them in the microwave (in a microwave safe dish!) and pour them into molds or use them as a dip for things like graham crackers, cookies, pretzels, fruit, etc. They taste great- some compound chocolates taste like wax, but these have that creamy, sweet white chocolate flavor. A little goes a long way, too.