Merkur Long Handled Double Edge Safety Razor Chrome #180, 10 Double Edge Platinum Blades
- An Extra Close Shave!
- Chrome finished Merkur safety razaor
- Longer 4 Handle - great for people with large hands
- Made in Germany
- Includes: 1 merkur #180, and 10 bonus blades
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor has a chrome finish. Its double edge design provides a very close shave. Its comfortable extra long handle is designed for a non-slip grip and works well with all hands especially larger hands. The safety razor has a straight edge especially great for an extra close shave. Blade replacement is so easy - simply turn the knob on bottom of handle turns to screw or unscrew head. Comes with one stainless steel razor blade. Made in Germany. 4" in length.
Top Customer Reviews
I have facial hair that is tougher to trim than steel wool. This thing is like a hot knife through butter. Paired with a 100% Silvertip Badger Bristle Shaving Brush
********and a tin of Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado Shaving Cream
...get all three working together and you have the smoothest skin since you were 6 years old!
Dont go for kits just because it comes with a brush and a stand.. Most kits pair a popular razor with a mediocre brush and a stand that costs a dollar to make.
go the extra mile and get them separately and they will last for years.
my kit is a drop in the bucket compared to years of money on stupid mach 3's cartridges? I've been using mach 3 since it came out in 1998. Thats 12 years ago!
Do the math. average 12 pack of mach 3's 23.00 x 1 year about 6 12 packs a year for me = 138 x 12 years = $1656
I think you get the idea.
1. It forces you to slow down (which is a good thing). Most mornings are controlled chaos for a lot of us. Get ready, eat breakfast, make sure little Timmy isn't shoving pennies in the light socket (how can you pinch pennies if he's shoving them all into light sockets? Stop wasting our money little Timmy! Right?!), etc. This razor isn't designed to give you he fastest shave in the world since you have to pay attention to what you're doing and rinse it out fairly frequently. Why is this a good thing? Quick, when do you do some of your best thinking? Answer: In the shower and on the toilet, i.e "me time." Now, I can add "whilst shaving" to the list. Pro tip: Incorporating "whilst" into conversations conveys you're a gentlemen and not some "look at my swag" d-bag. Ladies appreciate this.
2. Replacing blades makes you feel like a warrior. Blades get dull after a week or two, so it's time to change. You used to just pop off a cartridge and click in a new one. No mas, mi amigo. Now, you get to unscrew the handle, take apart the top (which I'm sure has a proper name, but whatever) and unsheathe your new blade like an ancient Samurai ready to do battle. Pop in that new blade and you're back in the action. Oh, and I should mention that a pack of 100 replacement razors costs like 12 bucks ($0.8 per blade for you non-math guys).Read more ›
Started with an electric: Does a good fast job. Your face has to get used to it, and the closeness goes downhill fast. Must be cleaned a lot, and replacement foils and blades are expensive. Most of these are so loud they can wake up the dead.
Then went to a rotary: Did not clean the neck as advertised, and like the foil shaver it must be cleaned a lot. Quieter than a foil shaver. Heads and cutters are expensive.
Tried an adjustable double edge: Good shave, some cuts do to poor alignment of the blade and the fact that I didn't know what I was doing.
Went to the new multi-blade razors: Very good shave, but very expensive and impossible to clean out the gunk from between all those blades.
What the hell, tried a real straight razor: Huge learning curve, but a wonderful morning or evening ritual. Very close shave once you get the hang of it. Slow. Lots of stropping.
Finally, the Merkur: Much nicer than the old adjustable, and pretty much as close as the straight razor but much faster. An excellent compromise among all the razors you can get. Rinses out easily.
For the best shave and experience you will need a brush and some shaving soap, and some excellent brushes and soaps can be found right here at Amazon. Read the reviews.
With this new razor I'm now switching back and forth between the straight and the double-edge.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My husband just loves,loves this razor!
No more disposable non working razor something for him! Read more
I love it and will never go back. easy to clean easy to use and it is a sturdy piece of work. I think if I buy a new head it will be an open comb as I think it would feel better.Published 19 days ago by gath
Absolutely the best shave I have ever had! Balance is perfect, handle is just right for my large hands! Makes shaving a joy. I look forward to shaving now, hated it before.Published 1 month ago by Tracey Gambarella
I have been using disposable cartridge my own life and realize that as I get older the frequency for shaving becomes a daily routine and I hated it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Akai
My husband was happy to receive this as a gift. It's easy to maintain and gives him a smooth close shave.Published 1 month ago by Jennifer Rodgers