Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: Large(4-6)Color: MulticolouredPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$19.97+ Free shipping

on October 13, 2010
I bought the size Toddler M (3-4) after reading all reviews - and I was right. It fits my 5-year old daughter.
I measured the costume:
Length (shoulder to fin): 35,4 inch
breast: 11.4
waist: 12.2
backside: 13.4
Leaves: 13
My daughter is 41.34 tall and her waist is 22.4 and it fits perfect.
The costume is very stretchy. Some glitter points fell off. The top is wide, so that the leaves sometimes fall of the shoulders.
11 comment63 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2010
My daughter really wanted to be a mermaid for halloween, so I got her this costume. Big mistake. At least half of the sequins have already fallen off and the fabric on the underside of the tail is completely ripped. She only wore the costume to a party for 3 hours, and I don't think it will last through trick-or-treating.
on July 26, 2011
My daughter really wanted a mermaid dress-up outfit that came down over her feet, so it looked like a real mermaid fin. This one is perfect and has held up better than the Disney version at the same price. Definitely would recommend. She loves it. The sizing may run a tad big. My daughter is a tall, but slim 4T and the 3-4 T fits her perfectly.
on October 26, 2011
My neice is almost 4 years old and 41" tall and the 3-4t fit her perfectly!!
She called me up screeching about how much she loved it!
Its a beautiful costume great quality for the price
I'd say we are 100% satisfied!!

Thanks!
review image
on November 10, 2011
My granddaughter wanted to be the little mermaid for Halloween & after reading the reviews, I decided to buy this costume. The picture does not do it justice!! It's really cute and the tail part looks like a real mermaid tail.

It does run big; I bought the 3-4 Toddler size and she is @40 lbs. & wears 5T clothes. It was the perfect length (she's @42 inches high). It fit snug, but on our cold Halloween night she was able to wear a fleece long-sleeved top & pants in dark purple underneath due to the stretchiness of the costume's knit fabrics. To my surprise it didn't look "lumpy" or bulked up at all - it looked fabulous!!! Very graceful & lovely on my g-daughter.

I would caution though that it's a lightweight costume, you can see through it in the leg area and it needs pants or leggings or tights underneath it. Also some of the green "sequins" fell off in the leg area over time, but I didn't notice it unless I looked closely. Also, the tiara is poorly made, but we used a separately-purchased Ariel crown and jewelry set with the seashell necklace that sings instead.

All in all, a terrific-looking costume!!
on September 9, 2008
I ordered this for my 4 year old and she loves it. I had read that this outfit is big so I ordered the 2T-4T and it fits her well.
on November 3, 2008
I ordered this costume online and read the reviews about size/fit. It did run very big! The length was good for my daughter (she is an average size 5 year old and I ordered the 3T. The top was very big. I had to sew it at the shoulders to keep it up on her. However, she wore it three times (for a total of more than 12 hours) and played hard and it held up well. Started to come apart a little at one shoulder but overall I was very happy with this product. I would buy it again in hindsight.
on September 26, 2012
First, if you noticed this costume is on a little brunette and a little blonde who is a little older. Now, the Large (4-6) for the pic of the brunette is the same as the XS for the blonde little girl. My daughter is 7 size 6-7 about 45 lbs- slim and about 47 inches and the 4-6 fits great ( I guess you would say it is cut a tad big or for average child but slim ones...). We are going to a show with our friends and cousins so we bought 5 different mermaid costumes. We are returning all of them and buying 4 more of this one! The other one's looked colorful, and cool fin, but they were so tight or so impratical the girls could never have walked around. This one is made much better then the one with the foam tail (which the fabric was pealing off as we opened).

It is a little stretchy and the bottom needs otbe fluffed but cute and comfy! One of 5 girls (mine) is super sensitive and found the top a little itchy but a white tank & tights adn she loved!
Also we paired with silver glitter ballet style shoes from target (12-15 dollars) and it looked great!
on August 18, 2009
I read the reviews, but since my 3.5 year old daughter loves mermaids, I had no choice but to purchase it. She wears a 3t-4t, I bought the 2-4t, and I have to say it fits perfectly. Yes, there is a little room to grow into it, but it's not dragging on the floor or falling off her shoulders. The sleeves aren't too long and the the neckline isn't too low. I'm happy to say my daughter loves it! It came in the mail yesterday. I was hoping it would be a Halloween costume, but if she continues to wear it like she has been, I'm sure it'll be stained or damaged from use well before October 31st. PS: The item was delivered within 48 hours of purchase.
on November 5, 2010
My four year old daughter wore this mermaid outfit for a Halloween costume this year. It survived a party at the zoo, two visits to the babysitter's, a Halloween parade at her nursery school and trick-or-treating on Halloween night. Lost a few of the sequins along the way, but held up pretty well, overall! I liked that the bottom fins stand up well on their own, unlike a lot of the other mermaid costumes I found, and also love that this one has sleeves instead of bare shoulders. I picked up a green feather boa at the dollar store for a 'seaweed' boa, and the costume was complete. Very happy with this purchase - would definitely recommend to a friend.

See 1 answered question