Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 23, 2013
I have been buying and wearing Merrell shoes for years. I have become especially fond of the elastic cord and lock lacing system. It makes for a better fit, particularly for hikes and long treks on the trail.

They are comfortable right out of the box and I wear them all the time. I need a shoe with good arch support and these truly fit the bill. I can highly recommend them to anyone who wants a high-quality, well fitting all around shoe.
on August 18, 2013
After my first pair of Merrell Chameleon II's I was hooked. Those were the best all around hiking shoe/ everyday shoe I've had. Period. After wearing them into the ground, I decided to try the "latest and greatest" from Merrell which at that time was the Chameleon stretch 4's.

I held out prior to that point because of several negative reviews of the Chameleon 3's. The first pair of Chameleon 4's I ordered were in the "canteen" color and worked really well overall. They adjusted well to my feet and provided decent support. They seemed lighter than my II's, which at first glance would be a good thing- they however had a flimsier feel and did not handle rough terrain as well. Out of the box, you could tell they were well constructed but did not have the attention to detail and "overdesign" as my previous pair of Merrells had. After a few months of fairly hard wear, they toe cap began to pull away from the leather upper- something my previous pair never had an issue with, even after 2+ years of solid, almost daily wear. With all that said, these held up for 1.5 years until a motor oil container burst on top of them, completely soaking the shoe- rendering them useless. In search of a new pair, I decided to try a pair of Keen Targhee II's that were at clearance price. These were nice, but nowhere near as comfortable and honestly looked a little ridiculous under jeans/pants. After scouring the web, wishing Merrell never discontinued the Chameleon Stretch II's, I came across the waterproof version of the 4's. They immediately drew me in with the muted, easier to handle color combination over the standard chameleon stretch.

After 6 months of mixed use out of the box, these have done nothing but impress. Better color, construction and materials used over the standard Chameleon 4's- and NO TOE SEPERATION to this point. I also love the waterproof aspect- whether trudging through wet grass or inches of snow for hours, there is little outer soaking and no water penetration at all. I can honestly say these are very close to my beloved Chameleon Stretch II's in fit, comfort and build quality.
on March 27, 2014
This is my third pair of Merrells and my second waterproof pair. I bought the first waterproof pair in 2002. They were my first tongueless shoes and although snug to get on (I use a shoehorn) they were the most comfortable shoes that I have ever had. I still have them today, and suffice it to say, they are well worn. The second pair were not waterproof, but they were a gift so I did not have a choice. Those pair were my first ever shoes with a non-tying shoelace system. They are sooooo much easier to deal with since there are no shoelaces to tie. After two years I decided to get a new waterproof pair, again without a tongue or shoelaces to tie. These shoes, like my previous two Merrells, are a joy to wear. I can have them on all day and almost not realize that I am wearing shoes. More importantly, when I take them off, unlike many if not most of my other shoes, I do not feel relief that they are finally off. It seems like a lot of reviews have mentioned that you need to buy these shoes a half size larger. I wear a size 10,my foot is on the wide side, say a D, and I have high arches. Yet I have never had to buy a size larger, not in 2002, 2012 or this year, in order to get the right fit. My hypothesis is that most people do not understand the following about tongueless shoes. These shoes, mainly because they do not have a tongue, are the hardest shoes to get on that I have ever owned. Unlike shoes with tongues, these shoes have no give when your are trying to fit your feet into them. Therefore, I have to use a shoehorn to get these shoes on, at least to get them on quickly and comfortably. But once on your feet these shoes feel wonderful. So I suspect that most people buy a larger size simply to be able to get them on without a shoehorn. Whether that is the real reason for so many reviews stating that you need to buy a larger shoe in this series/style, all I know for certain is that I love my Merrels, I always use a shoehorn to get them on, and once on my feet, if I didn't sleep in a bed, I could wear them happily for days on end without regrets.
on November 9, 2013
To me, shoe laces are an ancient technology. Kind of like horse drawn carriages and oil lamps. Why do we need to be constantly tying and retying shoe laces? Well, these shoes solve this problem. They have no laces to tie. The elastic bands keep the shoe tight to my foot, but they slip on and off without an difficulty.

This is my fourth pair of this shoe. Some people have complained about inconsistent quality of the Chameleon shoe. Out of the four pairs, I have only had one pair that didn't meet my expected level of quality for a Merrell product. In that shoe, after a year of general use, the sole of the shoe began to release along the "toe" of the shoe.

The shoe fits very tight and feels a little small at first. However, after about a week, the shoe relaxes and conforms to the size and shape of your foot. It feels great at that point.

Pros:
-Water resistant
-Comfortable
-No laces to tie!
-Rugged
-Great for work

Cons:
-Some inconsistent quality control
on July 15, 2014
I gave this a one star so you would read this - not that it necessary deserves it.... but there are real issues here

- No tongue on the shoe - what is with this?? It creates additional pressure on the ankle and it is not something that "breaks in" after 2 weeks of wearing before a mountain vacation and two weeks of hiking - they did not feel any better on the ankle. Only way to adjust for this was to wear them loose but that is not a good solution

- M select FRESH prevents odor - NOT a Chance - made my feet that normally do just fine in the smell department thank you very much ... smell like a box of oysters left in the hot sun for 2 weeks UGGHHH!. my son kicked me and the shoes out of the tent.

Not what i expected for a Merrell!!!
on April 2, 2014
I had a pair of Chameleons that I beat the tar out of for probably three years.. I went with the waterproof version as it sounded like they were more durable than the normal version.. Shoes fit great, and seem even more rugged than my prior pair - I sure hope the pull v. tie up lacing system doesn't disappear as that is a fantastic feature from my experience.. not that tying laces takes long, but just a tug and sliding down the locking mechanism is incredibly convenient.. Interestingly, the "lining" in this new pair sucks right onto my feet and I'm confident when I have occasion to get into the wet stuff, this pair is going to do the trick.. Highly recommend these Merrells.
on July 26, 2014
The product page states that these shoes are "slate grey" but the picture displayed a brown shoe. I was surprised when these shoes arrived and they were the brown shoes photographed but yet the color listed for my size was "slate grey".
Overall the shoes are great as Merrill's always are and are used for business, so the shoe of course meets my expectations. The color isn't a huge problem but I am unhappy with the way these shoes were sold to me buy the sellers misrepresentation of the item in the description. I hope everyone who purchases this item in the future is aware that they will receive brown shoes, instead of grey.
on July 4, 2014
I've been buying nothing but Merrells for years now. I was going through a pair of Nike or similar in about 6 months on average before I discovered Merrells. Merrells last me at least a year and it is a tough year I give them. I only wear one pair of shoes so they get worn every day. These particular Merrills are especially good because the are also waterproof. Living in Costa Rica we get lots of rain and my feet remain dry as long as the water doesn't come over the top. This particular pair is extremely comfortable if a tiny bit on the small side. My one complaint is that they are too warm for the climate here, but I can't knock the shoe for that as it makes this a PERFECT winter sneaker.
on June 17, 2014
Bought these to wear on vacation, didn't even get to break them in before I went. They fit a little snug at first, but they broke in and fit perfect. I walked close to 10 miles a day almost everyday for 11 days, I couldn't be more impressed. This was my first pair of Merrell's, and I had heard good things about them, but now I am sold on them. Easy to slip on and off at airport security, good support, excellent sole traction. I walked on pavement, cobblestone, through fields and mud, over rocks, up and down tons of steps and in the rain. I couldn't have asked for better shoes. I am extremely hard on shoes and clothes in general, and to be honest I didn't know if they would hold up. But they were great, I could see how they would get hot in summer weather but it was 60 most days and they were ideal. I will buy again next time for sure.
on April 18, 2014
I have been wearing them for about a week for everyday use. They are extremely comfortable. They are better formed to my foot compared to the pair of Geomorphs I had previously. The geomorphs lasted less than 1 year before the sole started separating and the inside lining by the heel area started falling apart. I did a lot of hiking in them though and they were a descent shoe. I payed a little more for these. Time will tell if they are worth it.

It is yet to be determined how they will perform on the trail. They have a draw string for laces, and don't tie up. I will see if the draw string which is a loop, snags sticks and brush.