5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
The good - These are VERY comfy shoes. They're my first Merrell shoes for barefoot(ish) running. I've been running in the 5-Fingers for about 4 years now, but I injured my foot on a distance run in them, so now they're only good for training on the treadmill. Since the injury, I still run forefoot, but I use standard running shoes because I need the extra support. These...
Published on February 22, 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Great design/Fit, Poor Quality
These shoes are fit well and are perfect for someone looking for a minimalist sneaker who has actively worked on their forefoot running form and doesn't want to go to five-fingers. Sadly, the sole began separating from the base (inside ball of foot) on both of my shoes after only five runs. Five runs, seriously? For an $80 pair of shoes, this is disappointing to say the...
Published on July 23, 2012 by Bandol

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for long distance running on the road....., January 23, 2013
If you already have Merrell Bare Foot and are well used to run in them you will feel this Bare Access like a regular running shoe. I recommended it foer those transitioning from regular running shoes to Bare foot or to long distance running on hard surface. won't recomended for trail running not enough traction. For some reason they feel more loose then the Bare Foot trail I already owned but I don't think you should go down on size....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe!, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Merrell Men's Barefoot Bare Access (Apparel)
I have a pair of these I picked up a few weeks ago. I already have around 50 miles on them, and I am in love. They are a great introduction into barefoot running. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to get into the barefoot running craze.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit perfectly. Feel great., August 17, 2014
Kyle Curry (The Woodlands, Texas) - See all my reviews
I have only worn them a few times, but so far they are very comfortable and the fit is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 21, 2014
They fit great!
They feel like I am not wearing any shoes at all, so light weight. They are the best shoe to wear to train in, improved my training.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these ALOT ALOT, April 16, 2014
Second pair of these i have bought. decent for an all around gym shoe. They are sturdy enough and I do feel they do the trick as minimalist footwear

3.0 out of 5 stars comfort but poor quality, March 12, 2014
had teh shoe for 6 months before it fell apart. have to say very disappointing from quality. good fit and comfort somewhat make up for it but pricey for quality

4.0 out of 5 stars The best running shoe with a little maintenance!, February 13, 2014
Length:: 2:24 Mins

The Merrell Bare Access shoe is my favorite running shoe. It fits true to size, it is incredibly comfortable in all but the most impassable terrain, and it is incredibly durable given its minimalist construction. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a 0mm drop shoe :)Check out my video to see how a pair of these shoes held up after a year of demanding use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy, December 12, 2013
Fit great. Feel great. A must buy nice enjoyed them. I will buy another pair when these give up in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultramarathon Shoe, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Merrell Men's Barefoot Bare Access (Apparel)
I actually stumbled upon these shoes a year and a half ago at a local shoe store. I knew very little able them at the time, but they were closeout/clearance and looked to be a good, quick-dry camping shoe. Since then, these shoes have literally changed my life. While I would have called myself a 'runner' back then, my running could not be more divergent today from what it was. Back then I would have called an 8 mile run a 'long run', but now thats only a warm up. These shoes help me relearn how to run. I was a heavy heel striker back then but now am a forefoot strike with a shorter stride and so much lighter on the feet. In fact, these shoes have allowed me to go from a recreational jogger to an ultramarathoner.
Not only are these shoes set to change you to a distance runner (and light enough for a sprinter), but I still run and walk around in mine. Now I also have another pair of shoes, Merrell Trail Run Accent Glove, but that's it. I wear the two of these shoes everyday and run in them nearly as often! That means I have at least 1000 miles on my pair of Bare Access, including many miles of trails, and they are still usable. While I must admit that they are getting pretty beat-up, the sole is peeling away a bit in places, and the foam is starting to get pretty thin; I still love running in these shoes. I consider it 'getting back to my roots' when I use them for long runs (running ~27 miles tomorrow morning in them with snow). So who I buy them again? You betcha!

5.0 out of 5 stars second pair, October 22, 2013
I love these shoes. I don't run in them however, they are my walking around shoes. I need the support they offer but don't want to wear a heavy shoe, these do quite nicely!

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›