Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$99.99 - $119.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 13, 2013
I've run in and rated the original Merrell Road Glove which were an excellent running show but Merrell has outdone themselves' with the Road Glove 2. This is a fantastic running shoe! Very comfortable. The sole of the shoe is more durable and flat, which I prefer. The insole is much improved over the prior version; it feels smooth, doesn't break down and continues to provide antimicrobial properties that reduce/eliminate foot odor (wish all their shoes had this feature). This is a key feature to me as I do not use socks so foot odor can build up quickly. There is a non-intrusive, protective toe band and the usual reflective strips for night time running. The shoe really wears well, I've got several hundred miles on my shoes and the sole has plenty of life left.

On the road the shoe is perfect; lightweight, comfortable with just the right amount of feel and feedback. I have not had any injuries and my running has improved since buying these shoes. They fit well with a big toe box and good fit around the rear and mid-foot. I use two pairs and alternate them to let them dry out. These are zero drop shoes and runners need to take their time switching to a barefoot/minimalist running style. Overall, this is an exceptionally nice pair of low-cut barefoot running shoes. I highly recommend them for running or full-time wear.
on December 28, 2013
Great shoes. Perfect for exercising. I'm not a runner so I can't speak to that but they are great for the gym, especially leg day! Keeps foot flat on leg press and when doing lunges for better form! Read the size chart. I had to buy a full size smaller.
on November 17, 2013
Bought these to replace my Nike Free shoes; which is the only running shoe I've used since they were first launched by Nike. Decided to switch things up a bit since a large majority of companies now offer minimalist shoes. Did some research on Runners World and narrowed it down to Merrell (which won out over the Altra brand) based on performance reviews. Both RW and Amazon suggested ordering a half-size smaller than normal, and is dead-on accurate. I ordered an 11.5M and they fit perfectly compared to my 12's. Thank you to all those who wrote reviews acknowledging Merrell shoes normally run a half-size large. This shoe also fits more like a "B" in width than a "D". I have a narrow foot and this shoe fits much better than my "D" size Nikes. If you are truly a "D", this shoe will likely fit tighter than most around back portion of your foot.

I've ran about 15 miles in these in the last three days and can feel the change-over in my lower calf muscles. These shoes are extremely comfortable (especially for those with high arches) and just wearing them makes you feel ready to sprint into action at a moments notice -- if you have low or medium arches you may not like the (non-removable) arch support in these shoes, so if possible, I recommend trying a pair locally before buying. I did put my Nike Free insoles in theses for a little extra cushioning after about the first five miles and like the feel better with than without. The "low-volume" insole adds just the right amount of cushioning without changing the zero-drop of the shoe.

These shoes are not as flexible as a Nike Free, but I knew this before buying them, and only really notice it when running on inclines. The minimal material definitely helps maintain stability when running in wet conditions and keeps it light weight. Like a moccasin, its minimalist in design...basically, a sole with an arch support and just enough material to keep it snugly attached to your foot. The tread provides good traction on multiple surfaces, including pavement, dirt, gravel, and wet grass. These are definitely my new favorite pair of jungle moc's.
on April 15, 2014
These are great shoes. I started running a few months ago and needed to get some new running shoes. They have met my expectations (and maybe even exceeded).

THIS IS A GREAT SHOE.

WARNING: After reading the reviews I decided to get 1/2 size smaller than I regularly wear. (got 11 when I wear 11.5). The shoes fit fine but I could have even gone probably to a 10.5. I wear them with socks and they fit just fine. Get a smaller size than you normally wear.

WARNING: If you haven't worn barefoot/minimalist shoes before (like me) you will come down with DELAYED ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS (google it). I ran 4 miles after getting them and couldn't walk properly for 2 days. You will exercise muscles you have not typically used before. It is necessary to ease into your workout.

Great shoe.
on July 2, 2016
This is actually a very sad review (like, literally sad) as Merrell has discontinued their road glove line of shoes. Upon buying these and testing them on a long run, I was compelled to email Merrell and a) see if they had any remaining ones left for sale and b) to try and compel them to make Road Gloves again.

It is that good of a minimal road running shoe. It has that slight bit of extra support I prefer to road minimalist shoes (as opposed to trail) and they feel great for long runs. My legs were sore after the run in that exact way they should be after running in minimalists.

Once again, this is a sad review since it is almost impossible to find these anywhere, even on the all knowing internet. I think I may have bought the last pair of mens size 10s that were available online.
on January 16, 2014
I bought these as a Christmas gift for my son. He runs without any socks in his shoes and I had to get a size smaller than what he wears. He loves the shoe and says it is the best running shoe he has ever had. He told me they were the "perfect minimalist running shoe". I had already purchased two pair of the women's glove 2 running shoes for myself. They were recommended my podiatrist and I have to say that I am so happy with them. I can wear them without my arch supports and the pain that I had in my feet is much less. We love these shoes!
on August 28, 2013
I must make a quick disclaimer at the beginning. Coming from the original Merrell Bare Access, I was turned off by these shoes initially. They felt different, narrow, and uncomfortable. As it turns out these are great shoes once you get past the initial weirdness feeling. The shoes have a smaller stack height than the Bare Access so you feel the ground a bit more (I expected this and was looking forward to it), but I think the stack is much less cushy. The shoe is much more rigid, probably because of the complete heal to toe Vibram sole. This is an important upgrade in my mind from the original Bare Access because in less than a year I wore through the soles of my Bare Access shoes (hence why I needed a new pair). The shoes do feel a little more narrow which is a HUGE complaint of mine since wearing ALTRA running shoes, the feet need to splay out when you step, even more so when running in minimalist shoes. The width seems to be a problem with Merrell shoes so keep this in mind when buying and just be careful not to tie the shoes too tight. I decided to keep these as I mostly wear these shoes for casual walking shoes. My running will be kept to other shoes but I may not be able to resist the urge to try a few miles in these.
on August 23, 2013
Let me start off by saying I am a runner recovering from an ankle injury, not from running, but a misstep into a hole resulting in a sprained ankle. I have been barefoot running for a while, I have a pair of Vibram Five Finger Bikila's that I absolutely love. The fit and finish of the Road Glove 2's is excellent, but I do admit on my feet they run a little large. I ordered a size 13, and they are a little large. I know the toe box is extra wide on these shoes to give your foot room to spread out, but I have a good bit of room between the tip of my big toe and the end of the shoe. Not enough for me to worry about, I secure my laces rather tight so I really don't get my foot crammed in the end and moving around. They are very comfortable, comfortable enough I could wear them all day. As for running in them, they are very light with just a little less road feedback than my Bikila's. Form is critical, you do not want to over-stride in these shoes, otherwise you will tear your heels and knees up. Since I was used to the Bikila's, There was no transitioning to these shoes, I am already a mid/forefoot striker, so no issues there. Feet, ankles and knees feel great after running in these shoes. The longest I have run in these so far is 4 miles, I'll keep increasing mileage a little at a time, but I don't foresee any issues.

I would highly recommend the Merrell Road Glove 2's to anyone looking to get into the minimalist running style.

*** Update *** - After putting 130 miles on these shoes I got a nice big blister on my forefoot just behind the ball of my foot. I checked the inside of my shoe and found that the insole had worn through in that exact area. Seems a bit premature. Not sure I will be able to continue to run in these shoes, I tried to add another insole, but that just throws the shoes off and I start getting ankle issues. I had transitioned completely to these shoes, it looks like I will either go back to the VFF's or try the Saucony Virrata's.

Cheers!
on April 22, 2014
I have been wearing the Trail Glove for about a year and a half now without an issue. I picked up the Vapor Glove about 7 months ago to supplement my trail runs with some road ones and I couldn't have been happier; the VG is an extremely comfortable and lightweight shoe.

When it came time to replace them (which I gauged on some consistent foot soreness on extended runs and running a hole through the sole) I opted for the Road Glove 2 because of the consistent 0mm drop and the implementation of cushioning into the shoe. I have done only 20 miles in this shoe and I already know it isn't going to work for me.

The fit is okay but not consistent to the Trail Glove 2. There is significant arch support and it straight up feels weird for the first couple steps in the shoe. The stitching on the inside of the shoe also rubs a hole in the top of my foot consistently on both feet, which gets to be a bit of a pain on the longer runs these shoes were purchased for. Overall these shoes are uncomfortable for anything over 8 miles. The weight difference between the VG and the RG2 is also significant. These feel like bricks with laces.

The M-Connect Brick Glove 2 is honestly not something I would recommend for someone who wants to switch from a lighter weight shoe. The addition of more stitching and cushioning come at too high of a price. If anything go to a store and try some on before you buy them.

There are a few positives to note: the quality and construction are solid, the sole is sticky to both wet and dry pavement, the laces stay tied throughout the entire run, and my feet don't feel like they get too hot in these. The extra cushioning seems to ease some of the aforementioned foot soreness as well. Obviously the other detractors remain.

Update: Continuing to use the shoes has resolved the chafing issues. The shoes have been pain free and a delight to run in for months now. They also last significantly longer than my trail gloves. I have gone through 2 pairs of TG2s compared to this single pair of RG2s I have had for a while. The weight is a non-issue, I got stronger. Upgrading to 5/5.
on December 4, 2014
First time I have ever bought Merrell shoes and now I am hooked. They change the way you walk and after a few days you begin to notice just how comfortable they really are in comparison to other shoes.