5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell's Petunia is very comfortable work shoe
Published on August 26, 2009 by Tammy Rosseter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!
I had high hopes for this shoe to use for work, but was quite disappointed with the fit. It wasn't as snug and comfy as I expected. I ordered it in my normal size and it felt awful so I returned it the next day. Too bad because it looked like it would have been a nice shoe.
Published on April 17, 2010 by Heather Jehnes

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell's Petunia is very comfortable work shoe, August 26, 2009
Tammy Rosseter (Asheville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I've been working in retail sales for over a decade. I've worn heels that, while looking very respectable, hurt my feet and made my ankles swell. It became such a problem I started wearing flats, but they didn't give me the support I needed. Eventually I began wearing crocs to work which are against dress code and unflattering, but gave me a soft cushion to stand, run and walk on all day at work. I began looking for supportive shoes with a bit of a heel and a dressier appeal when my mother told me about Merrell's. I researched and found a few work appropriate styles and fell in love with the look of the Petunia's. I was unable to find a retailer close to me to be able to try them on so I bit the bullet and ordered online. I am ecstatic that they are completely comfortable. I am able to wear them all day at work without any aggravation. At first the heel seemed a little high on the back of my ankle, but that went away after the second time I wore them. The actual wedge heel is perfect to stand on all day, not too high, and very cushy. I recommend these shoes to anyone working long shifts, standing, walking, running, on hard concrete flooring. I know you'll understand what I'm talking about.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great shoe!, October 27, 2009
Gibby (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This is a great shoe! I am always looking for a comfortable, yet fashionable shoe (and I own tons of shoes!). I give this shoe an A+! Looks great with shorter skirts, just enough of a heel to look stylish. Very comfortable to walk in, I could go shopping at the mall in these shoes. I can usually wear between a 7 or 7-1/2. I purchased the 7-1/2 and that size fit perfectly. I would definitely recommend this shoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute for the comfort, November 12, 2009
Who knew something so comfortable could be cute? No, not the sexiest pair of shoes I own, but because my sexy shoes hurt my feet and knees, I have these a try as a compromise. Switching to these has completely helped with my knee pain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes I have ever owned: Bought several more of same shoe!, December 12, 2012
I believe this is one of those pairs of shoes that you have to know the brand and understand it and you'll be a Merrell person forever! I am a true 8.5. When I bought my first pair in black they were quite snug. I almost returned them.

Due to $ being tight and needing them, I didn't. Boy am I elated!

The shoes fit to your feet and within a few days, the leather relaxes enough where you appreciate the Vibram engineering. At 42 I don't want a lot of bedazzling on my shoes. I don't want buckles, etc. This is the *perfect* Mary Jane type wedge that looks great, has a little of a chic flare because of the sculptured flowers around the heel and they are plain enough to rock with anything!! Really! I own 4 pairs! I bought them in black leather and suede, and in brown leather. I think if you are on your feet a long portion of your day and you prefer wedges over heels but like some lift, like what a heel does, this is your shoe! They are made so well that the first pair I bought 2 years ago still looks great and I wear mine often! I use a little Pledge on the leather to keep it clean and supple and make sure there is no shmootz in the heel crevices. I also use a little Lysol in the can inside the shoe in the summer months though they have a built in antibacterial lining.

I wouldn't plan on wearing them on a walking tour for the first 3-4 wears. After that, you're golden!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, February 6, 2010
This is a great shoe. Merrell's are the best for fit and comfort and the Petunia is made in true Merrell form. I wear this shoe with a dress or skirt for eveing or work. I also believe the petunia is great with a pair of jeans. The heal hight is perfect. It gives you a little lift that helps your legs and butt look good without being so high they are uncomfortable. I can wear the patunia out shopping all day. I look great and my feet feel great all day!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, April 17, 2010