Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 26, 2014
I love these shoes! I have the Vapor Glove as well (and love them too) - but since I predominantly run on pavement & have been having some minor foot & shin issues - I opted to pick these up since they have a little bit thicker sole. So far, my feet & shins have felt pretty great while running (I've only been putting in about 12-15 miles per week thanks to the cold & wind). I've even started wearing these while doing work & cleaning around the house - they're more comfortable than my crocs.

First time I wore them - was for a 2+ mile run. No issues whatsoever - no breaking in period needed. They have a pretty low rise heel - so no rubbing on your achilles or ankles, & they will not be taller than whatever ankle sock you have, unless it's the shortest sock ever created. The toe box is pretty wide to give your toes plenty of room to move & spread when landing each step. They are little bit more narrow than my Vapor Gloves, but I also have pretty wide feet - especially for being a women's size 6 :-) They hug my feet very comfortably, & I look forward to logging in many more miles in these.
22 comments19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
I invariably say, "These are the most comfortable shoes ever!" And, despite having the same overall "Merrell feel," this model is no exception. I have--and wear--Bare Access Arc 2's, 3's, Mix Master's, and Road Glove Dash 2's…but these Road Glove Dash 3's are the best. Still the same great toe room (both width and height) as the other Merrell's, as well as narrow heels that don't slip. But, like the Road Glove Dash 2's, these seem to have a more minimalist, flatter sole--with cushioning. Now, how exactly they get a flatter sole with more cushioning is perplexing, almost oxymoronic. I don't get it…but I did get these shoes. Perfect for me.
on June 7, 2014
I wear the original dash glove by merrell everywhere. They are the best shoes I ever had. Needing to replace them, I contacted Merrell, they told me these are the closest to the original. But they are not. They are stiff, and the fit is very different. For one thing, the original dash gloves have/had an elastic band at the top of the heel opening, which grips. The new dashes do not have that, and, on my feet, slip up and down in the heel, even in the correct size.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2014
These are my second pair of Merrell's and I love them. Can't wait to wear them to work tomorrow. Highly recommend to those in the field of medicine. They are comfortable, light weight, colorful, and efficient. Very sturdy for being in a veterinary clinic all day. Just buy a pair already. I'll never buy Nike again.
on July 19, 2014
I already love these shoes! They feel great and are so light, they're what I was looking for. I've ran without socks in them as well and they feel even better without socks.
on July 13, 2014
Awesome shoe. Roomy toe box but slightly short toe space right away. Wore for waking/backpacking in Italy. Felt great. Lightweight and easy to pack. Consider getting low black socks to wear with them.
on May 11, 2014
Wonderful shoe for running. Fit a little bit on the large side (roomy on the toe). Light and comfortable, aside from being not true to fit.
on September 3, 2014
I have had these a few weeks now and love them! I am an 8 but always go up a half size when ordering running shoes. Your feet swell and they need room when you land. There is a perfect amount of room for just that w/o being too big. The color is great too. I'f you're new to minimalist shoes, please consider these! they're better for your knees, your shins and your overall form. I highly recommend them!
on September 11, 2014
Recently, I began running regularly. During the first few weeks, I ran in hiking shoes because that was the best tennis shoe that I had. These shoes, as good as they were for hiking, were an awful substitute for a nice, light pair of running shoe. During my runs, I experienced awful shin splints. I figured it was because I wasn't used to running, so I endured the pain and hoped they would subside. They didn't.

After realizing the shin splints weren't getting any better, I went online to find an alternative. I came across the Merrell Woman's Road Glove Dash 3 Trail Running Shoe. They had a good 4.5 rating and most of the customer reviews that I read had excellent things to say. Convinced that these shoes would be best, I bought them.

Well, the Dash 3 is true to its 4.5 rating. These shoes are some of the lightest you'll ever put on. You've heard the term "Walking on air"? Running in these comes close. They're not excessively cushioned, but provide just enough support. For someone with back or hip problems, though, I wouldn't recommend them. I don't think they would be supportive enough for someone who needs more; but they work for me. They are meant to replicate barefoot running, so thus only provide the bare necessities. Also I have high arches, as do these shoes; thus if you have high arches, these shoes probably won't be best for you.

It took me a day or tow to break them in thoroughly, but even straight out of the box, they were comfortable. The shoes form to your feet nicely, are easy to slip on and off, and are breathable. And so far, they're holding up well.

Since I've been running in my Dash 3's, the shin splints have completely subsided.

Let me say again: these shoes are designed to replicate barefoot running. If you're in need of very cushioned and supportive shoes, these are not for you. If, however, you're on the lookout for barefoot running shoes that provide sufficient support, these are you ticket. They're efficient, comfortable, light-weight, and worth every penny.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2014
I just love these shoes. This is my second pair of Merrell Shoes. I just wish that I would have known about these shoes sooner.They fit great! Lots of toe room. I also like the colors that they come in.