5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, and LIGHT
Published 17 months ago by Amamom

3.0 out of 5 stars I like these boots, but I can't love them...
Published 6 months ago by cdjak

3.0 out of 5 stars I like these boots, but I can't love them..., December 31, 2013
This review is from: Merrell Women's Snowbound Mid Waterproof (Apparel)
I ordered these boots based on the number of positive reviews they received. I work in Afghanistan, and the winter here is cold, wet and snowy. I needed something warm and light that would travel. At first, they worked really well. In the milder fall and with thin, wool-blend socks, my feet stayed warm and comfortable. I also took them to Prague, where my feet stayed warm and dry, even through light rain and my feet were comfortable walking in them all day. Now, it's fully winter here in Afghan and we just had our first snow. Temperatures are in the teens at night and 20's to 30's in the daytime. My feet are freezing after being outside for about 15 minutes, even with thick, wool-blend socks on. Worse, after walking through slush today, some water started seeping into both boots. Now I am stuck with damp, cold feet every day until a new pair of boots can be shipped here (takes about 2 weeks). I will try to seal the seams and will keep these boots around for dry, milder weather. But if you're looking to make it through a cold and wet winter, you should probably keep looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, and LIGHT, February 15, 2013
Amamom (Vermont, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrell Women's Snowbound Mid Waterproof (Apparel)
I have these in a size 7, having purchased them at a local store. They are everything I was looking for. I walk my dog in the woods 3 miles several times a week. I live in New England, and right now (mid February) the path is wet, cold, slushy, and muddy. These perform great. They really hug my feet, I stay dry and warm, and they are MUCH lighter than other boots. I lifted up all the other waterproof / snow boots in the store and these were significantly lighter than any others (even other Merrells). That said, they still feel VERY sturdy. I just don't feel like I have to work extra just to pick up my feet, which is not what you want when you're already trudging through slush. I should mention that my feet are technically 7s, but I almost always have to order up because I have a wide toe box. These boots feel perfect on my feet, not too tight, but they still have a slim (more feminine) profile. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

4.0 out of 5 stars First online boot order, January 6, 2014
I have purchased Merrell shoes before but this was my first Merrell boot purchase and first on-line order. I read many of the reviews already posted and they were helpful. I usually wear a size 7M but the reviews indicated to order smaller. So, I ordered 6.5M. They fit great. They are warm and waterproof and I do not have to wear bulky socks. They got a workout this past weekend when SE Michigan got lots of snow. We had about 12 inches. The boots kept my feet warm and dry. The only reason I rated them four stars and not five was that it was difficult to keep the pant legs tucked in the boot; the top is a couple inches above the ankle bone so they are not very high. But, I'm working on different ways to tuck the pant legs in the boots and it should not be a problem once I figure it out. I am quite pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, December 6, 2013
If you have ever had to stand in below freezing temps while holding horses for the farrier you will know there is a very real need to keep your feet warm. I also have had surgery on my feet and cannot tolerate a toe box too small or one that will not flex as you stride out. With this in mind I was concerned that the solid rubber looking toe box would not work with my feet. But I love Merrells (newly discovered this year) and wanted them to work. What size should I get...normal size or one size up to accomodate heavy winter socks? Because of Amazon's great return policy I took the plunge and ordered them in my normal size

Boots arrived on time and the temps soared to 60. No chance to try them out. Then the first big storm of winter arrived and my first real test was standing in a cold barn holding horses. Wore my thick socks and was perfectly comfortable, didn't even get the slightest hint of cold feet. And they were comfortable to walk in. It might look like and actually be a hard rubber toe box but they still flex nicely and are light as well. The fit was excellent too, didn't need to order a bigger size. Compared them to my summer Merrell hikers and could see that they allowed some room for thicker socks.

I would like to address the review that faulted these boots for being too stiff in the ankle area. Yes, they were very stiff when I took them out of the box but all I needed to do was manually flex them this way and that with my hands and they loosened right up. Did not have the slightest problem with them being too stiff.

Finally I would like to mention one feature I really like. The ankle area has hooks instead of holes making it extremely easy to put the boots on and lace them up while dressed in heavy winter clothes. As a matter of fact I was able to put these boots on and fasten them faster than my friend, who opted for pull ons because of the difficulty of dealing with laces due to her hip replacement, could put her pull ons on.

Definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell boot, January 16, 2014
Great fitting boot n comfortable. Very pleased with its waterproof performance. Would definitely recommend this product for severe winter weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great in Snow, January 11, 2013
These boots are great. Just another solid made product from Merrell. Great for being able to spend time playing with the kids our just going for a winter hike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Snow boots, February 1, 2013
I llike the color and fit. It runs big. I orginially ordered 6.5 but it was too big so I had to re-order a size 6. Still feels a bit loose but it's okay, I'll just wear thicker socks. Normally, I always order 6.5 for dress boots and size 6 for sneakers. But it definitely is bigger in size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Order a half size down., February 6, 2014
Steph (Ferndale, MI, USA) - See all my reviews
Based on the reviews, I ordered a half size down and they fit great! I normally wear a size 10 and have wide feet, so I was a little hesitant to order a 9.5. I'm glad I did because the 9.5 fits perfectly, and has room for a thick sock. I wore these for the first time yesterday shoveling my driveway in 6 inches of snow. My feet stayed nice and dry. The upper part of the boot around the calf/ankle is a little stiff and dug into my calf when I first put them on, but it got better as I broke them in a little more. This seems to be a good, solid boot. So far so good!

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff, March 5, 2014
These boots were stiff and rubbed by ankles uncomfortably--and I have skinny ankles. Also, they are not sized for winter socks. I would have needed to go up a size for thicker socks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Need to return - Can't find receipt, February 23, 2014
These actually are large in the foot, but too tight on the ankles. Just don't fit me right. Too bad, because they appear to be very nice boots.

Merrell Women's Snowbound Mid Waterproof