Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 1, 2014
I know the are many different words that mean the same thing but where you write a paper and your instructor wants you to use a different word with the same meaning it is difficult to do with out this book for me.
on May 24, 2014
The book itself is good with lots of helpful information. It seems like it's going to be a great pocket reference. The only problem is that the tables of copyediting and proofreading marks are blurry and impossible to read. It looks like the publisher used a photocopy of a photocopy and no one bothered to see how the quality had degraded. So if you're buying this book to learn copyediting, you'll end up feeling cheated.
on July 20, 2006
The complexity of the subject(s) makes for a bit of confusion, but it is all in here. My copy is already dog-eared after only a couple of days in my possession and pretty constant use. It is much easier to use than the huge volumes of similar advice that once stood on their own tables at the local library. Already I have bookmarks throughout it.
on June 30, 2013
I got this as a "help" for my great niece and nephew as they begin to write school assignments.

It's not scintillating material so they don't rush in the door asking to read it, but they ARE beginning to look things up and make corrections on their papers before they are turned in and that is exactly what I hoped would happen. They do have to be taught to use it.
on October 15, 2015
You cannot argue with Merriam-Webster. This book is a direct reference that is easy to use and navigate.
As far as shipping goes this book arrived in brand new condition, as stated. It arrived on time and well packaged.

Fun Fact: Did you know that Webster completed his first dictionary while he was in Paris?
on April 11, 2013
Concisely written, nicely organized, and makes use of (manual) links to refer the user to related areas;not anal-retentively extensive (viz., don't expect the punctuation-equivalent of OED), but answers the questions of the aspiring graduate student / author-manqué adequately.
on May 3, 2015
This little book is a must-have for any writer. Easy to read and concise. I refer to it constantly as I navigate in my creative writing efforts. In fact I like it so much that I purchased a second copy for a writer friend.
on October 5, 2014
Again another book ordered from my son, I think.he wants to become a rapper of some sort so he's gotten all these books to help him. So far they have and he is not a reader, but he's read these books, so.at least he's reading something.
on March 26, 2014
This Guide is a good deal for the price. No, they didn't use high quality paper for the pages- but, you get what you pay for. :) The Guide is useful and practical. If you're looking for something of high quality, I would keep shopping. But, if you're looking for a functional Guide at a great price- look no further! :)
on October 15, 2013
I am so glad that I was able to find this book as it is jut what I needed to write letters and needed papers. The book was in great condition and I plan to buy more help books like this one. Thank you!