- File Size: 2343 KB
- Publication Date: October 1, 2009
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: Spanish
- ASIN: B002ROKQUG
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #42,571 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Translation Dictionary, Kindle Edition (Spanish Edition) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Just an FYI (on 1/22/11): I see comments and low-star ratings due to non-integration issues on the iPod, iPod Touch and iPad. This review was written in regard to it's integration with the Kindle. The real ACTUAL Kindle. It was written before the iPad even came into retail existence. Users of these other devices need to remember they are not using actual Kindles, but rather Kindle "applications" and should do a little research to see if certain features/options are available before buying. Hopefully, this helps with compatibility disappointments.
There are a number of books in Spanish available for Kindle, including some you may have read in English...in case you want to start where setting, characters and plot are already somewhat familiar.
Ideally for this purpose I'd rather be able to designate an all Spanish dictionary as 'Primary,' but I haven't found any available for Kindle yet. Nor have I found an Italian dictionary of either sort (Italian-English or all Italian) that can function in this integrated way with other books on the Kindle.
FeedbooksDOTorg and gutenbergDOTorg have a number of books (mostly free) in other languages that are not found at Amazon.
Dictionary: While reading books designed for students of Spanish (like first and second year) I was disappointed in the number of words that both the dictionary and I did not know.
For the price I find it an OK deal.
I want a more comprehensive dictionary. There are several for sale at MobiPocket. And Amazon owns MobiPocket....
1. It cannot find definition of verb-pronoun combined words (examples are: casarse, pensandolo, digamelo ...). Since a large proportion of the Spanish verbs are attached by reflective, direct and/or indirect pronouns, this means you will have to rely on another form of dictionary while having this particular dictionary installed, otherwise you will not find definition of a large proportion of verbs.
2. It cannot always identify the correct conjugation of the verb; as a result, it often produces irrelevant definitions based on an incorrect word.
3. A new entry is attached to the contents of the previous entry without a sign of division. Could not figure out why they can't put a division sign between the two separate, unrelated entries. This only shows that the product was not fully tested before going to the market.
4. I can't figure it out either, why it uses only two precious lines to display the definitions. Since most words would need more than two lines to fully define it, you would always need to go to the full dictionary page. This might be okay if Kindle is a very fast machine; unfortunately this is not the case. As a result, you have to wait the full dictionary page to appear, then wait for it to disappear, before you can resume your normal reading.
5. It goes only one-way Spanish-English; since kindles allows only one dictionary at a time, once you assigned it as the default, you lose the ability to do English-Spanish, or English-English.
These are not minor nuisances, which render me a quite unpleasant experience in using the product.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As much as I hate dictionaries as they are available online, this one definitely provides better definitions that I felt made way more sense than online translators.Published 1 month ago by Baron Marsh
If this is your only option it is indeed better than nothing-- but only just. Many translations are missing (i.e. all reflexive verbs) and some are just plain wrong. Read morePublished 2 months ago by LS
I had the hard copy of this dictionary in college. For some reason I gave it away. Now I got it again in Kindle format. It is a great as I remember. Very highly recommended.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
nowhere is the info on how to change your default dictionary. nothing in settings i have kindle fre 2Published 4 months ago by GenieFitz
Honestly the most useful tool. Admiral. Really and truly good. Helps u learn to try it or walk aimlessly. ThanksPublished 4 months ago by Kindle Customer
This works well with other kindle books and helps me to learn Spanish as I read.Published 4 months ago by cbbics
Works alongside the regular dictionary. Some words dont select inline but that may have to do with the book Im reading, not the dictionary itself.Published 5 months ago by Trav
Be careful with this one - It is a great dictionary but it is only Spanish to English and not back and forth as expected. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Cjohns104
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Kindle 3 translator||
It would be nice if Kindle came out with a translator that worked like the kindle dictionary now. I read Swedish books and have them on my Kindle DX. If I could use the 5-way to scroll to a Swedish word and have the English translation show at the bottom of the page, I would use the Kindle... Read More
Jan 9, 2011 by Terry Langston | See all 16 posts
|Good Reference book.||Be the first to reply|
|why does it work for some books and not others?||Be the first to reply|
|Only defines words above highlight||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Dictionaries
- Books > Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Foreign Languages > Spanish > Lengua, Lingüística y Redacción
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Foreign Languages > Spanish > Obras de Consulta
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Kindle Default Dictionaries
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Translation Dictionaries
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Language Instruction > Spanish