Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

on May 9, 2007
I truly enjoy the crossword dictionary. It is very bulky, but that's because it has thousands of word definitions. I saw them at Target and they were a few dollars more. Great buy through amazon!
on July 11, 2008
This crossword dictionary is somewhat helpful. I like that it's large and easy to read. I also like that alternate words are listed by length. I bought this because it's a Merriam - Webster, a name I've always associated with good quality. However, I'm highly dissatisfied with the dictionary. It promotes itself as one of the most comprehensive crossword dictionaries available yet some basic words are not even included. I would not recommend this at all.
on August 15, 2011
I NEEDED A NEW CROSSWORD DICTIONARY & WANTED ONE CHEAP.
THAT'S WHAT I GOT. ITS THICKNESS MEANS THAT THERE ARE MANY ENTRIES (ABOUT WHICH IN A MOMENT), BUT THE BINDING IS VERY TIGHT (TO KEEP THE PAGES FROM FALLING OUT), AND THE MARGINS ARE VERY NARROW. CONSEQUENTLY I HAVE MUCH TROUBLE READING THE LINES NEAR THE INNER MARGIN.

AS FOR CONTENT: YES, THERE ARE TONS OF ENTRIES BUT TO MY AMAZEMENT SOME WORDS I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED TO BE THERE ARE NOT. (I DON'T RECALL WHICH. IN FAIRNESS, THIS IS NO UNCOMMON FAILING IN CHEAPER BOOKS.) ON THE OTHER HAND, THERE ARE A GREAT MANY ENTRIES. BUT DETAILS AND DEFINITIONS SEEM OFTEN SOMEWHAT, EVEN VERY, SKIMPY.
on January 6, 2009
My wife and I are very eager to work on crossword puzzles. So we need good tools to help us solve them. The Merriam-Webster's Crossword Puzzle Dictionary offers us that tool. The very clear entries are alphabetically viewed. The expanded new entries offer more information to solve puzzles. The comprehensive coverage of words are very useful. The only problem is that the print is too small.
on June 11, 2008
I received this book on time and in perfect condition. It's an OK book, but at the same time I bought THE MILLION WORD CROSSWORD DICTIONARY,which has proven itself to be absolutely unbeatable insofar as helping solve crossword puzzles.
on August 12, 2015
I had an earlier version of this dictionary that finally fell apart after many years. This new edition is even better. I checked out several crossword puzzle dictionaries before I bought this one. It was clearly had the best layout and content of the ones I checked. It is pretty thick, but it is comprehensive and the format makes it easier to find words than in the earlier edition.
on March 1, 2015
I purchased this for my 98 1/2 year old friend! Yes, you read that right! He's still in his own home with no live-in care taker. He doesn't drive but does cook for himself! He loves crossword puzzles which is what he does with the majority of his "awake" time. He's very happy with it and said it's the best he's ever had and he's had plenty of the years!
on June 21, 2011
The word is AWESOME.

This is such a useful tool for a fool like me who attempts to do crosswords. It is really ironic to me that I love to do crosswords but cannot spell to save my life, but I have found a tool that helps me spell out words for crosswords and find words if I am stuck. Using this to me is not cheating it is more of a study aid because it teaches you words that you might not have known before and is overall just flat out awesome. A must have for any crossworder.
on July 26, 2010
The first time I used this book, it did have the information I was looking for when others did not. However, over time I have found that it is not as complete as my other books. Have learned that when doing crossword puzzles, it is necessary to have many books available.
on January 7, 2012
I purchased this for my in-laws who work on various newspaper puzzles daily. They have found it to be a great help for those clues that baffle them! If you have a crossword puzzle person in your life, they will love it!!