5.0 out of 5 stars Cat eats it, that's what is important
Anything my CRF kitty eats with gusto gets 3 stars. Anything she continues to eat for a month=4 stars. Anything she keeps eating=5 stars.
Published 15 months ago by Austenfan

2.0 out of 5 stars damaged carton
Published 9 months ago by Marie

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat eats it, that's what is important, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Before Grain #1 Chicken Pate Style Cat Food, 3.2-Ounce Can, 24 Count Case (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars kitties love it.., April 12, 2012
I recently adopted two stray kittens. It had been a long time since I had a kitten so I began researching websites like littlebigcat.com learning what is best to feed kittens and cats. I was surprised to learn that dry food is terrible for kittens/cats and in fact may cause many of the health problems that cats face later in life. I also learned that kittens/cats need a high protein diet for life. Carbos are very bad for them. Kittens/cats should get most of their moisture from their food. Merrick food provides a moisture content of 78%. In the past, I fed my cats dry food. They drank a lot of water, they got fat, and they always seemed hungry. My veterinarian supports the Merrick brand name. My kitties are growing, are happy...not always looking for more food, and they are not going to be overweight. Do your homework. Read about the latest research.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitten loves it!, May 7, 2012
Merrick BG is awesome! My two months kitten jumped to me immediately when I opened the can! The food smells soooo good. She never had wet food before but there is no problem at all for her to switch to Merrick BG.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please - bring it back!, August 27, 2013
I heard this line of Merrick wet cat food was discontinued / changed. It's one of the few wet foods that contains very little carbs, which is important for my one cat. She gains weight quickly with any dry food in her diet (no matter how low in carb). The new 're-mix' version of this line (Chicken Pate) comes close, but still has cranberries.

4.0 out of 5 stars merrick pate, June 27, 2013
Some of my four cats eat it very happily. good food. It is part of my healthy weekly plan for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kitty loves it, May 5, 2013
A perfect grain and carb free food; just what kitties need. I would give it 10 stars if it was organic ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitty Loves It!, March 28, 2013
This was a pretty good deal for a quality cat food. Trying to take both my cat and dogs away from so much grain. My cat loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Convenience, October 12, 2012
I don't know if my local pet store carries this brand, but I am impressed with the fact that it is grain free and my cat seems to like it. In fact, he may be satisfied with a tiny bit less food because of its content. That remains to be seen.

You can't beat the convenience of finding the pet food you like on Amazon and having it delivered right to your door.

It is time to order another flat, but I've run out of Merrick Before Grain, so I've been using up my former brand, grain-containing canned food. He is eating all the time! He can't seem to feel satisfied with the old style cat food.
He loves the Merrick grain free and eats less even at that. What a winner!

2.0 out of 5 stars damaged carton, July 4, 2013
Marie (Honolulu, HI United States) - See all my reviews
We ordered three cartons of this cat food (24 cans in each) because our cats love this particular food. However, one of the cartons was damaged. Apparently many of the lids were punched through exposing contents. We did not notice this damage until we pulled out the damaged carton which was infested with ants. We placed the carton in a garbage bag and sprayed it with insecticide. We have a photo of this unwrapped carton in the condition described.

ARRAY(0xa3b513d8)