5.0 out of 5 stars Will be keeping this one on the menu
Published 23 months ago by rubberduckee

3.0 out of 5 stars I want my cats to like this so badly!!
Published on December 31, 2011 by vick

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be keeping this one on the menu, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Before Grain #5 Quail Paté Style Cat Food, 3.2 Ounce Can (24 Count Case) (Misc.)
I started purchasing Merrick cat food for my cats about a month ago. The Merrick 5 star Gourmet is what they've been eating, and they love it. I had read good things about Merrick's BG line too and thought I'd try it out to give them even more of a variety. I went with the quail and chicken Pate. The food came this morning, they still have cans of the Merrick Gourmet in the cupboard, but I was eager to see if they were going to like the BG as much so I gave them this for breakfast, plus they'd never had quail and was wondering if they'd like it. After I got some down in the first plate to one of them, I was barely able to get it in the second..the other two were trying to pull the can down out of my hand. They scarfed it up, so I guess they do like quail after all. I know not all cats are the same, some are more finicky..I have 3 cats, one is very finicky, the other two not so much, but they all loved this and I'm glad because this is a really good quality, healthy food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum for my kitty, November 16, 2012
I am so glad that this food item is offered on Amazon. Much cheaper than the pet stores. I will be ordering all the flavors and seeing what the munchkin likes the best but I will probably be subscribing monthly :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick--why is this being discontinued?, July 24, 2013
I can no longer find this in pet stores where I live and I'm bummed that it looks like Merrick chose to discontinue this product.
My cat is very finicky about his food and this was always one of his favorites.

And he doesn't like the new chicken varieties they came up with for their new Bistro line.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat has allergies, April 21, 2013
Our cat's veterinarian wanted our cat on a grain free diet with preferably rabbit or quail. I find both to be hard to find. I did find that my cat does like the Quail Pate from Merrick. I will stick with this brand as long as our cat doesn;t break out .

3.0 out of 5 stars I want my cats to like this so badly!!, December 31, 2011
Healthy catfood is really important to me; I've got one cat that has wheat/corn sensitivities and another that's just super high energy and needs food to match. So I"m constantly searching for food that's (a) corn-free and ideally free of all grains, (b) high meat content and ideally "good" meat not castoffs, byproducts etc and (c) not going to completely bankrupt me. Oh, and of course....that my cats will actually eat. Sigh.

This sort of meets the mark....my cats hated this food though at first. Would NOT eat it. Over time, they are getting better, but its still not their favorite and sometimes they will totally reject it. It's also not all that cheap. I really want to like it, because it's got great ingredients and I know it's good for them...but I can't rate it as highly as I want to because if they won't eat it consistently, it does me no good. Wasted expensive cat food = bad.

ARRAY(0xa02e7bac)