Published on June 13, 2012 by Courtney R.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paté
While some cats may love it, neither of my two would touch it. My cats sniffed it and walked away. I had to give it away.
Published 22 months ago by GG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price on Amazon and my diva kitty goes crazy for the stuff!, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Before Grain #5 Quail Paté Style Cat Food, 5.5 Ounce Can (24 Count Case) (Misc.)
I have a tubby older cat who is quite the diva. I tried giving her the beef version of this same food, simply because it has a lower fat and higher protein content, and she pretty much demanded more quail paté after a few bites. What can I say? The lady has a refined palette. Luckily, the price on Amazon makes it so that this thrifty college student can actually afford to please her. I love watching her lick her mittens and clean her face after she eats this stuff, totally satisfied and content in her little kitty world. Then, of course, nap time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for my cat, May 19, 2013
My cat has the oddest and most inconsistent taste in food. She loves Friskies and Purina canned, but won't touch the BG turkey. She really really loves Fresh Pet's turkey and liver in gravy, but turns her nose up at their chicken and spinach pellets. She gets mad if I mix any two foods together. I even heated the BG turkey and Fresh pet chicken, she wouldn't eat it.

When I opened the quail, she started sniffing at the can and just ate straight out of it. She chomped it down and licked her chops after like she had peanut butter stuck to the roof of her mouth. VERY relieved and happy. It smells decent and it's must more moist and soft than the turkey. If you go to Petco they carry the individual cans. If you haven't tested this food on your cat yet, not really worth the risk of ordering 24 cans off Amazon, I still have 20 cans of Turkey left...

Beware that when the weather is warmer, this food does crust over a lot faster than Friskies does. I just leave a little out at a time. If you're going to microwave it, it WILL explode and get really hot within 15 seconds.

4.0 out of 5 stars My cats love this - such a shame Merrick are discontinuing the range!, July 15, 2013
Karen LR (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
All 3 of my cats love most of the varieties of Merrick Before Grain (chicken, turkey, salmon, quail). One of my cats throws up any food that contains grain & most other grain free wet foods are extremely pricey. Unfortunately Merrick is replacing BG with a more expensive range. I have stocked up enough for a few months & shall be experimenting to find a less expensive alternative that my cats will eat & keep down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats are happy, May 7, 2012
Product was exactly as ordered. Cats are happy with their food. I'm quite thrilled with the convenience and price, particularly with Prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars finicky kitties will like this, October 24, 2013
wow I am floored. My kitties pretty much hate anything but Friskies. Well I can't do Friskies anymore, so I tried these based on the reviews. yay! my two 4-year old kitties BOTH like this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat LOOOVES this one!, May 30, 2013
I love Merrick Before Grain because they don't put anything extra/unnecessary into it -- it's just meat and essential vitamins/supplements. This is my cat's absolute favorite flavor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy, what the...what?, May 12, 2013
I've never seen my cat go after food so much. You've seen the label, right? I could eat this stuff. it smells that good. I didn't have to add water; I found a trick for water that he goes for. He just went nuts for this food! Now add in the convenience of Prime delivery, and well, this is perfect, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cat Food, May 9, 2013
My cat is elderly (18yrs.old) and loves it..Easy for him to eat since he's lost most of his teeth..No hard grains to irritate his poor old mouth..He eats Merrick Turkey and Chicken but seems to favor the Quail and Chicken..

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it, April 13, 2013
My maine coon loves this food! I ordered the chicken flavor as well and he would not touch it. Quail Pate is the way to go

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats go crazy for Quail, March 20, 2013
My cats alternate between Merrick canned and dry, along with The Honest Kitchen brand of cat food. My group goes crazy for all of the Merrick flavors but especially the quail. Buyers should be aware, however, that the quail flavor is slightly more moist than the others. If your cat likes firmer pate, this may not be for your furry friend.

Rate and Discover Movies