5.0 out of 5 stars Cottie loves this cat food
Published 22 months ago by I LUV AMAZON

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price, fast shipping, but cat doesn't like it
Our cat has decided that he does not care for this food. I will have to order something different next time. It did have a good price and Prime shipping, though. Too bad there was no money-back guarantee.
Published 3 months ago by Michael Clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price, fast shipping, but cat doesn't like it, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Merrick Before Grain #2 Salmon Dry Cat Food, 1-Pound Bag (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cottie loves this cat food, June 15, 2012
(ASIN: B0018Z4H1Y; Merrick Before Grain #2, Salmon Dry Cat Food) I have found that the integrity of pet foods brought to us by Merrick is unsurpassed. I first heard of them when there was publicity over the Chinese and the melamine they were putting into formula to goose it up. Then there was stuff put into pet food. In an abundance of caution I queried a customer service person with another company, who told me about Merrick, and that their foods were U.S.-made.
These days a company doesn't have to do much more than that to make me happy, but I found the totality of her remarks to be honest, and from direct knowledge. Even the meaty bones that my beloved labradors so enjoyed were U.S.-made. I am thrilled to see the Merrick line available as never before.
Since then, they have come up with Before Grain for cats (I lost my labs two years ago so I'm not exactly up on the canine end of the dry menu,) or the canned dog foods, many of which share the same name with the feline version, like "Grammy's Pot Pie" and "Cowboy Cookout." No foolin.'
I am aware of some differences. Can you imagine a dog eating something called "New England Boil" or "Ocean Breeze?" Cottie loves both of those flavors. So enjoy Before Grain by flavor and proxy, knowing that you are providing primo sustenance for the pet you love. Or, on the other hand, you could butter it with some cream cheese, give it a taste and let us know what you think!

ARRAY(0x99334960)