5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it

Published 17 months ago by George Guinn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, May 26, 2012
Caroline (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrick Before Grain #2 Salmon Dry Cat Food, 6.6-Pound Bag (Misc.)
I have two female Siamese kittens who love this food. When they get into the closet where I keep it, they chew through the bag. They are mostly on a canned food diet, though they still get a little dry food each day in a food ball (PetSafe SlimCat Food Distributor Ball, Blue), and they love it. They always come running when they hear the rattling of the food in the ball (if they're not already there watching me fill it up). I have the chicken and salmon dry foods, and though they love both, they seem to like the salmon slightly more. Unfortunately, the salmon is a bit more smelly. I definitely plan on purchasing this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting here and not going anywhere else!, April 24, 2012
I just got a new kitten (ten weeks) from a shelter/foster environment. I was informed he was eating Purina Kitten Chow under their care. My boyfriend is big on eating non-processed, gluten-free products as a human and insisted that cats (he's raised 6 from kittens) should also eat as natural a diet as possible. He pointed me towards several brands that offered grain-free dry food. I picked this one for the simplistic graphics on it's packaging. Right now he is on a 2/3 Kitten Chow, 1/3 Before Grain mix to gradually introduce him to Before Grain.

When I got him a few days ago, the fur on his back was dry feeling, almost reminiscent of hay. A few days with even just 1/3 Before Grain, his fur is super soft and silky feeling. I can't stop petting him! If he has a healthy coat, I can't imagine what it's doing to his little growing insides. I can't wait to switch off the Kitten Chow for good. As a new cat supplies consumer, I'm not sure how this is priced compared to similar grain-free dry cat food, but it looked comparable. But so far, this product is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only food cat will eat, April 26, 2013
Only dry food cat will eat. Prefers this food over canned...yes, really!!! Made in TX. Also, have not ever seen a recall on cat food from this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitty loves it (less hairballs)!, July 5, 2012
I used to buy the Blue Buffalo grain-free dry cat food but my kitty, Olive, started to eat around it. I always give her some wet Newman's Own Organic cat food and sprinkle some hard food on top but she stopped eating the Blue Buffalo; therefore, I swapped to this brand and she LOVES it! I originally bought the Salmon flavor and now I'm trying the Tuna flavor. I highly recommend it. AND, with grain-free foods you will see a substantial decrease in hairballs! Which is always a bonus!! ~Heather

4.0 out of 5 stars My cat eats it, and it's good for his diabetes, June 25, 2013
Found this as an alternative food for my cat who was diagnosed as diabetic. While he still begs for his old food, he transitioned well to this food and is eating it regularly with no side effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, May 24, 2013
Cats love it, less barfing, and their coats aren't greasy anymore. They like the chicken and tuna flavors too, and these are some finicky cats.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cat's didn't like it, April 6, 2013
George Guinn (Oklahoma City, OK USA) - See all my reviews
Got a new cat and the vet recommended going grain free for him. Well of course that means convincing the other three to change to a new dry formula. Decided to try the Merrick Salmon flavor. May be ok, but my cat's didn't like it. Tried Salmon flavor and they could not have cared less. Pretty much ignored it. Had a slightly oily feel, nothing bad, in fact thought that might help them like it. Trying Blue Buffalo brand now with some success.

With my cats they are not thrilled with any of the grain free, wish there was a way to get small samples to try as it gets expensive buying different brands only to have them ignore the new food. Ended up giving this one to a friend to feed the feral cats on his acreage.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, October 12, 2013
I got this hoping it would be healthier than regular store brands. However, my cats didn't really care much for it. It still looks like a healthier choice, but it they won't eat it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitty Yum Yum!, December 20, 2012
My cat loves this food! Its so good for him and the value of buying it online is so much better then what I have found around my area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, December 7, 2012
I was told to put my cat on a high protein diet, so I bought this. I didn't need to ease him into it - he went for it right away! I plan to repurchase this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›