5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff
We have been purchasing this catfood ever since we got our kittens last October. They love #2,3, and 4. The ingredients seem fresh and there are no fillers...just natural protein. Our kitties have a ton of energy and seem very happy with it.
Published on July 2, 2012 by Ravi Khanna

2.0 out of 5 stars They ate it...
Published 19 months ago by Wade Lewellyn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, July 2, 2012
Ravi Khanna (Rockville, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrick Before Grain #4 Turkey Paté Style Cat Food, 5.5 Ounce Can (24 Count Case) (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok, great ingredients, cat ate it fine but not her fav, May 30, 2013
I love Merrick Before Grain wet food because they don't put anything extra/unnecessary in it. It's basically just meat and vitamins and other essential supplements. The Turkey flavor was one that my cat did eat (she rejected the Chicken flavor completely), but she didn't go crazy over it like she does the Quail flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, March 29, 2013
Have always used quality pet foods - with very little health problems in my four senior cats (2 age 17 and 2 age 18). Coincidence - I don't think so.

1.0 out of 5 stars BAD Batch + PATRONIZING service = NEVER again, August 18, 2013
PT. 1
I was very happy to have found Merrick. A seemingly all natural and grain free food for my cat. UNTIL my third purchase of their 96% Turkey. As soon as I opened a can I noticed the smell was off. Before, the food seemed nice enough for a human to consume. But NOW it smelled like GRAIN. Now this is what really threw me. HOW can a grain FREE food have such a grainy, earthy, cheap dog food like stench? Against my better judgement, I tried feeding it to my buddy anyway. He didn't want it anymore! Sadly I felt the need to use it still. (I payed $35 bucks and I need to pinch every penny I have) I didn't want to waste it. Well eventually, my buddy did eat some, and he got sick, and threw it back up...
Okay, so the food is uneatable... Noted.

PT. 2
So the food was unacceptable. But this is where Merrick REALLY lost me. I called in the service number. And it SEEMED that I was being understood and helped to the fullest. I explained the issue, gave them a number on the bottom of the can, and my information. I was told that I would have a brand new CASE of food shipped out to me. A week later I received an envelope from Merrick, containing four coupons, for four cans of food. This didn't begin to refund the amount of money I spent. and aside from that, this is not what I was told would be sent to me. Upset, I wrote Merrick an email explaining my frustration. I got an email back written in a patronizing tone saying, "If there's anything else we can do..." I simply explained that I felt ripped off to the fullest. Their solution was to offer me a check for HALF of my money back. Realizing that I was most likely NEVER going to be fully reimbursed for the CASE of food that I WASTED my money on, I conceded.

In the end, it was a bad batch and it made my cat sick. Was I willing to give Merrick another chance? Sure, I WOULD HAVE been willing. UNTIL they made false promises, patronized me, and (in my opinion) left me with no choice but to find a more honest and consistent pet food provider.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, July 28, 2013
After we had our boy cat contract feline leukemia last year, we started doing intensive research into cat health and discovered the horrors of most commercial, processed cat foods. Apart form doing a homemade raw foods diet, this brand was the absolute best solution available that we found. (A lot of the other "healthy" brands on the market, including those sold by vets, are anything but.) We immediately switched all of our cats (and our Maltese) to BG brand, and they love it! The cats are particularly keen on the chicken and turkey, surprisingly the beef and salmon were not as popular. They do sell this brand at PetCo, but the price per case is better on Amazon so we have 2 cases delivered per month. (One case per cat is just about right.) Just like with people, what cats put into their bodies has such a strong impact on their health and well-being, I really feel like they are doing better overall now. Our girl cat, who is 15 years old, still plays like a kitten and has a beautiful long shiny coat - so I think that speaks for itself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, July 15, 2013
My typically non-picky cat that will eat practically anything will not touch this stuff. Not sure what's in it, but he hates it. Doesn't even view it at as food. This is the same cat that will eat our dog's food if we don't watch him.

2.0 out of 5 stars They ate it..., January 10, 2013
Wade Lewellyn (Sherman Oaks, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I have one finicky eater and one who will eat everything. Neither really wanted to eat this flavor. The beef and quail flavors never received the disappointed reaction of the turkey. When it was the next meal time, half of the can of turkey would always be remaining if it were served with a smaller can of another flavor. It got to the point where we had to serve only the turkey.

It's understandable that different cats will have different preferences, but we won't be buying this flavor again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, seems healthy., November 24, 2013
Kindle Customer (Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA) - See all my reviews
Rescue and Himalayan both ADORED it. Sorry it isn't available on subscription any more, as it is a bit bit pricey otherwise.

2.0 out of 5 stars not too tasty for my cats, November 3, 2013
my cats don't seem to like the healthy stuff. even the dry food they don't like...they do source from local farms though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cats didn't like it, September 18, 2013
Wanted to switch my cats to a gluten free diet thinking one had issues with gluten. They wouldn't eat this. Gave it to my daughter whose cats eat this brand - they won't eat it either...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›