5.0 out of 5 stars Highest quality food possible: Read the labels
Published 16 months ago by Dennis Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars ... using Merrick for a long time and am very pleased with their dog food
I have been using Merrick for a long time and am very pleased with their dog food. I usually purchase the grain free duck and sweet potato. This was a little cheaper and a larger quantity so I thought I would try it. I did not like the smell. My dogs love it though so I guess it does not matter. I also noticed that their stools were not quite as firm so I am going...
Published 5 months ago by Minnie

5.0 out of 5 stars Highest quality food possible: Read the labels, September 11, 2013
This food is quite possibly the highest quality food you can find. I've done a lot of research because I thought my lab had food sensitivities. Turned out to be something else, but finding this food was something good that came out of everything. Take a second to read the ingredients in this food. Nothing artificial, no fillers, just 100% high quality nutrition for your dog. And it makes a difference. My lab's coat is ridiculously soft... and its gross to talk about, but normal and minimal poop. Lesser quality foods often means runny poop, and usually, more of it because you have to feed them more. I have an 80 pound lab, and he only requires 2 cups a day of this food. Its so dense with nutrition that's all he needs. Less in = less out. Don't necessarily go by what's printed on the bags for how much to feed. That was actually what I thought was a food allergy with my lab at first. He had loose stools.... but turns out I was overfeeding him. Cut back on food and everything was fine.

Its just a great food. Made here in the USA... nothing from China. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the hype: Quality food makes a difference, May 28, 2013
It's hard to imagine that as a dog owner of one and a half years that I would put so much thought into my pet's bowel movements. Well when we purchased him from a very well respected breeder she was relatively adamant on the brand of food we gave him, namely Purina Pro Plan Selects Chicken & Rice-- a "premium" dog food. After a few months of having him he appeared to not like the food as much as when we got him so we switched gradually to Purina Pro Plan Selects Beef & Barley. He loved it! Over this time though his poop was relatively inconsistent-- typically normal but every once in awhile watery and when solid very dark in color.

Purina discontinued this food recently and instead of picking up a different ingredient we just switch brands-- to Merrick. Again, pet owners will understand the satisfaction of seeing your animal produce healthy looking poop. Now the poop is typically of very good consistency and a much more neutral color (not dark).

We love our dog, he's always been very affectionate and had a healthy level of energy-- the food hasn't seemed to been able to improve on what can't be improved. As I've already said, though, this food is worth it in terms of peace of mind when walking him and knowing he is healthy intestinally. The price isn't any better or worse than the other food was, anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs like it!, October 15, 2012
I don't have a problem finding a dog food my dogs like at first, but rather one they will continue to eat. After three weeks my spoiled girls will decide not to eat there food anymore but with the new formula Merrick they are still chowing down after 3 months! Its a good food and my dogs do really well with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dog food, April 1, 2013
Kindle Customer (Marcellus, NY United States) - See all my reviews
We chose this product due to the usual food allergies/corn/chicken. Our four terriers love this food and it agrees with them. Now more paw chewing and fidgeting. Now they can get back to their jobs, chasing the migrating geese off our ponds and lawns. We strongly recommend this and all the other Merrick products. Wish we could get them on Subscribe & Save.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its real meat and the dog loves it!, December 28, 2013
Its real meat and the dog loves it! I will be purchasing this brand again.

It costs a little more than other dog food, but would definitely recommend purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick is tough to beat!, December 11, 2012
I've been buying Merrick for many years and although I've tried other brands, my dog really prefers Merrick. I tried both their Grain Free and Classic brands, and my 2 year old lab enjoys the heck out of every flavor. I highly recommend Merrick pet food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable results, August 28, 2014
With hundreds of transactions on Amazon over the years I've only written one other review--that's how excited I am about this product. My dog was sick with diarrhea for weeks on another food (a vet visit ruled out other common possibilities). I picked this food because it had as few ingredients in common with the previous one as I could find. I was desperate to fix the problem so I ignored the vet's advice and did a drastic change, i.e. stopped feeding the old food and immediately switched him to this one. (No, I don't recommend that, I just happened to get lucky in this case). I was expecting him to have an upset stomach for at least another week but I figured he was already sick as a dog (no pun intended) on the first food so it couldn't be that much worse than a slow change.

Within ONE DAY he was almost completely back to normal, and the second day on this food there's no sign of him being sick. He also literally licks his bowl clean, he likes this stuff so much. Merrick is a miracle food for my dog, without a doubt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick Classic Adult Real Beef, Whole Barley and Carrots Dry Dog Food, March 7, 2014
Rosemary (United States) - See all my reviews
My two large dogs were refusing to eat everything I brought home. I was looking for a good dry dog food that they would eat and they both LOVE the Merrick. I wish that the price was better because I am going through two bags each month and that is pricey, but the quality is the best I have ever seen and I am no longer searching for something that they will eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food for my dogs, May 3, 2013
I love this brand. I feel like I'm giving them something that's good for them, and it's not tons more expensive to buy than grocery store brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love this one too!, February 22, 2013
I tried this after using the seafood one and both my dogs love this one too. Glad I tried it.