5.0 out of 5 stars The Boys Love It
Published 19 months ago by Nina

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog won't eat.
My dog hates this food and will not eat it. I am going to contact Merrick. He likes other types of their food it is this flavor .
Published 9 months ago by theresa Clune

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boys Love It, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Cowboy Cookout Dog Food 13.2 oz (12 Count Case) (Misc.)
My dogs really enjoy this food & we're on auto-delivery for it. I admit that they're not picky boys & would probably eat just about any canned food. But, I'm a fan of the Merrick brand. My corgis have been eating Merrick food and treats since they were young. Merrick uses great ingredients. The first few ingredients in Cowboy Cookout are beef, beef broth, sweet potato, carrots, green beans, apples & peas. Plus, Merrick does their own manufacturing. To me, that's a big deal - no enormous plant that manufactures food for dozens of different companies. (Seems that once one brand of food at these large plants is recalled, others follow. Including some supposedly premium brands.)

I'm happy with my dogs' health on Cowboy Cookout. But, they'd be doing just as well on any of the Merrick canned food. (Wingaling used to be our favorite till the number of wings in the can seemed to go down.)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, December 21, 2012
our senior pet has early signs of renal failure....this has been the best canned food. we tried many different brands and flavors with no success. we will be sticking to Merrick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick Cowboy Cookout, January 21, 2014
I buy this for my picky dog and regularly switched flavors to keep her from getting bored. She seems to enjoy them all, and I'm happy with the ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Havanese is super picky and he loves this!, January 14, 2014
lynn (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
We got a can of this from a neighbor to try out. My dog (a Havanese) is super picky when it comes to food and treats so it was a crapshoot as to whether he would like it or not. My dog, Kobi, typically does not like about 80% of the treats he's offered. He's also allergic to many dog food ingredients (e.g. corn). Luckily, Kobi LOVES Merrick Cowboy Cookout. We've been buying it regularly ever since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggies love it!, January 7, 2014
Dogs love this and that is what counts. They love all of the varieties that they make. They do a little happy dance when they see me go to the frtdge. I just put about a tablespoon in each bowl as an added treat to their dry food.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dog won't eat., December 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to digest and dogs like it., December 10, 2013
Merrick does a good job of making quality food dogs want to eat. I bought this because it contains no poultry and my dog starts to scratch if I use a poultry based food. There is some egg in this but it does not seem to be enough to cause a problem. It had a great rating on Dog Food Advisor and another site devoted to the care of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels which is what I have. Some people have complained about the size of the pieces but it is easy to cut them up with a fork if it is a problem. I also have a 15 year old Tibetan Spaniel and both of them enjoy this food. I pour it over their dry food and warm it up. They have no issues with digestion or stools. The best thing from an owner's point of view is that the smell is actually good and the cans have pull tabs. We are on our third order and all have arrived without damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars misty loves it!, November 2, 2013
my finicky eater, a Pekapoo loves loves loves this flavor. She is so cute, she takes out the chicken wing and saves it for last- lol!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Doggie Loves, October 21, 2013
My 14 1/2 year old silky terrier absolutely loves this dog food. She has been eating it for about six or seven months. We have it on regularly scheduled orders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Four out of Four Dogs Love It, October 19, 2013
I have three Shelties and a Cocker Spaniel, and all four dogs are wild for this food. They mostly get a high-quality kibble (no Purina allowed in this house...) but on weekends they get the Merrick Cowboy Cookout. Needless to say, weekends see four dogs that are even happier than usual. What's funny is that the stuff actually smells good enough to eat.In fact, I've dipped my finger in the sauce a couple of times and licked it as a test. Aside from needing a little salt--which the pups don't care about anyway--the stuff does taste good enough to eat!

Merrick has long been a top-rated dog food producer, and their website claims all their foods use human-quality ingredients, so if there's ever an emergency and I run out of food, I'll just keep the salt-shaker handy and belly up to the table with my dogs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›