5.0 out of 5 stars The Boys Love It
Published 22 months ago by Nina

3.0 out of 5 stars Pieces are too big and chunky
I have 4 dogs and they have no complaint about the flavor of any canned food, so I buy strictly for their health.
This goes on top of Earthborn dry kibble. Although they love the flavor, it's hard to spoon out and distribute due to the large chunks.
Published 15 months ago by BeagleGuy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Boys Love It, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Cowboy Cookout Dog Food 13.2 oz (12 Count Case) (Misc.)
My dogs really enjoy this food & we're on auto-delivery for it. I admit that they're not picky boys & would probably eat just about any canned food. But, I'm a fan of the Merrick brand. My corgis have been eating Merrick food and treats since they were young. Merrick uses great ingredients. The first few ingredients in Cowboy Cookout are beef, beef broth, sweet potato, carrots, green beans, apples & peas. Plus, Merrick does their own manufacturing. To me, that's a big deal - no enormous plant that manufactures food for dozens of different companies. (Seems that once one brand of food at these large plants is recalled, others follow. Including some supposedly premium brands.)

I'm happy with my dogs' health on Cowboy Cookout. But, they'd be doing just as well on any of the Merrick canned food. (Wingaling used to be our favorite till the number of wings in the can seemed to go down.)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, December 21, 2012
our senior pet has early signs of renal failure....this has been the best canned food. we tried many different brands and flavors with no success. we will be sticking to Merrick!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Trust Our Vet - He Trusts Merrick, November 20, 2014
Our dogs have been eating Merrick's canned dog food for over a decade. The grain free beef and chicken versions are staples around our place, but the canned dinners like this "Cowboy Cookout" and "Brauts-N-Tots" disappear just as fast. The main difference with the canned dinners is that they include chunks of vegetables and gravy with the meat. Granted, we could buy food at a cheaper price, but Merrick hasn't had any of those scary recalls we've heard of where dogs drop dead. I'll pop the extra few cents a day to keep ours around longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick Cowboy Cookout, January 21, 2014
I buy this for my picky dog and regularly switched flavors to keep her from getting bored. She seems to enjoy them all, and I'm happy with the ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggies love it!, January 7, 2014
Dogs love this and that is what counts. They love all of the varieties that they make. They do a little happy dance when they see me go to the frtdge. I just put about a tablespoon in each bowl as an added treat to their dry food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to digest and dogs like it., December 10, 2013
Merrick does a good job of making quality food dogs want to eat. I bought this because it contains no poultry and my dog starts to scratch if I use a poultry based food. There is some egg in this but it does not seem to be enough to cause a problem. It had a great rating on Dog Food Advisor and another site devoted to the care of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels which is what I have. Some people have complained about the size of the pieces but it is easy to cut them up with a fork if it is a problem. I also have a 15 year old Tibetan Spaniel and both of them enjoy this food. I pour it over their dry food and warm it up. They have no issues with digestion or stools. The best thing from an owner's point of view is that the smell is actually good and the cans have pull tabs. We are on our third order and all have arrived without damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars misty loves it!, November 2, 2013
my finicky eater, a Pekapoo loves loves loves this flavor. She is so cute, she takes out the chicken wing and saves it for last- lol!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Doggie Loves, October 21, 2013
My 14 1/2 year old silky terrier absolutely loves this dog food. She has been eating it for about six or seven months. We have it on regularly scheduled orders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy loves it!, September 2, 2013
Lisa Fulmer (Northern California) - See all my reviews
It took a little trial and error with various all-natural brands, but my little Morkie (half Maltese, half Yorkshire Terrier) seems to like this one the best for breakfast. I use the gravy separately on her dry kibble for dinner, works out great! Having a case delivered each month is cheaper than the pet stores and it's so convenient, since this brand is not carried at my usual grocery store.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs love Cowboy Cookout., August 10, 2013
My dogs love "Cowboy Cookout." This is one of their favorite Merrick products. My vet tells me they are very healthy also.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›