5.0 out of 5 stars More Grammy Pot Pie Please!!
I switched to Merrick dog food several years ago (2007) when all the dog food seemed to be tainted with the rat poison - specificlly Aminopterin - and was getting worse by the day.

Published on October 9, 2010 by Tobucus

1.0 out of 5 stars Half-empty cans and greasy inconsistent ingredients
Published on January 20, 2008 by C. Ivy

1.0 out of 5 stars Half-empty cans and greasy inconsistent ingredients, January 20, 2008
This review is from: Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie Dog Food 13.2 oz (Pack of 12) (Misc.)
We have been feeding this to our dogs for over a year. Over the past few months, we have had a problem with the cases of Grammy's Pot Pie cans. Some cans were full of chunks of fat and a thick lard-like gravy with no veggies, and some cases were fine with chicken and veggies,etc. What happened to truth in labeling? We also had the problem with the cans being only half-full sometimes. Our dogs were getting bad diarhea from the fat in the food so we had to stop giving them Merrick.
They need to start testing their food again. It used to be great. Look at the old reviews from last year and before.

3.0 out of 5 stars unfilled cans, October 10, 2007
I've been feeding this wet food to my dogs for 3 years, and as my husband has said "if you through it in a crock pot and served it to me for dinner i would have no idea it was dog food." But i am a little upset with the fact that the cans aren't full. In this last case some were even only half full. I have 4 dogs and this stuff isn't cheap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Think Twice..., April 4, 2011
Please think twice about purchasing this product, especially if you have a small-breed dog. I was lured by the cute, gimmicky labeling and sold by the ingredient list, but I twice fed Merrick canned food to both of my dogs, and BOTH times, BOTH dogs were diagnosed with pancreatitis -- an illness which is dangerous, extremely painful to the animal, and which requires hospitalization. I'm not sure if the fat content in those particular cans was high, or if Merrick uses an ingredient/additive that somehow sickened both of my (unrelated) dogs, but this food made them very ill. After their second hospitalization for pancreatitis, I spoke with other folks who had stopped feeding Merrick to their small-breed dogs for the same reason -- the food caused vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy in their pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Grammy Pot Pie Please!!, October 9, 2010

My dog is my life and I would have been devastated to know I had fed her something that would have caused the suffering and anguished death and illness that many of these pets had been forced to endure. So, I started to look around and found it appalling that there was such little oversight in pet food manufacture and control regarding ingredients and labelling. I knew that it was NOT natural for dogs who had been carnivores for thousands of years to be eating all this processed "scrap" and bonemeal - no matter how the companies tried to "re-label" it. I also though, knew how critical it was for animals to get critical micro-nutrients in appropriately balanced levels and it could be equally devastating for someone uneducated in animal nutrition to think that they could just 'home-cook' meals which could leave gaping holes in these essential minerals, vitamins and micro-nutrients; not to mention the ratios of fats, oils, proteins that the animals need. So, I was searching for a company I could TRUST!

I found Merrick and have not turned back! We have never been happier and use both Grammy Pot Pie Kibble as well as some of these canned dog food cans - though since 'we' are a small dog we use the "smaller" sized cans (cat food sized 5.5oz) The cans are ironically enough - filled with ingredients that you can read and UNDERSTAND. You can also go to their website and find out what any ingredient that may sound 'foreign' really is and why they used it - I found out they were almost always a natural ingredient that is an alternative to a processed chemical. I also found it comforting that particularly with the canned food I could open it and RECOGNIZE ingredients like a potato looking like a suprise, POTATO! Or a pea, carrot, etc. My dog LOVES this merrick food and has never been healthier! Our vet constantly comments on her blood work levels coming back at "perfect levels" and she is almost 9. Her coat is really healthy and probably what is noticed by most pet owners and yet not the most 'pleasant' aspect to discuss, is that she has almost NO gas (I don't give her much if any people food either) but when she is given other brands she can be really hard to sit near on ocassion :) . I think the phrase you get out what you put in applies here as well... I will not switch from Merrick food - ever! My only regret is that I did not start feeding my little four-legged one Merrick sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars good food, May 15, 2013
My dog loves merrick foods and its grain free
very good for your dog, all natural no preservatives
very healthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 27, 2006
I am just passing along the 5-star rating from our three Miniature Schnauzers. This stuff is a big hit at our house. We give them each an easy to digest kibble that's good for them and put a tablespoon of Pot Pie on top. No more turned up noses now - they wolf it all down. Be sure to mix it up real good before serving.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Love Grammy's!, December 27, 2005
We adopted an 8-year-old Dalmatian earlier this year, and heard lots of cautionary tales about special diet. But we couldn't pass up trying a can of this dog food--sadly, just because of the name. Well, she loves it! So now it's her special occasion food. We mix half a can with a cup of dry, 2X/day, with no nasty side effects. She also likes Wingaling and the Napa Valley offerings from this company. It's high in protein and works for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE THAN A DOZEN STARS, October 2, 2007
I give Merrick canned food as a treat and mix it to my dog's dry kibble (and the cat even gets a taste) every now and then. The Chicken Pot Pie smells better than any human chicken pot pie I can remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars my dog loves this, June 11, 2014
M. Kim (los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
my dog is a super picky eater but he goes absolutely bananas over this stuff.

thanks grammy for the pot pie. love, milkshake.

2.0 out of 5 stars There's better options, May 22, 2014
I love Merrick products, but not this one. It looks and smells awful and gives my dogs loose stools. The dogs seemed to like it (but not as much as other Merrick canned foods). I've given my dogs (germ sheps) many of the other flavors and they seem to like venison, buffalo, beef the best and it doesnt give them loose stool.... grammys pot pie.... i'll pass

Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie Dog Food 13.2 oz (Pack of 12)
$28.90