5.0 out of 5 stars Made in USA!
This 10 oz bag is huge, 12" x 10" x 4", and it seems to last forever. You get so much because the product is dried, light as air, so it takes a lot of the treats to make ten ounces.

Published 17 months ago by Becca

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Regular
Published on January 17, 2012 by KJR

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in USA!, November 12, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)

I am so happy to find treats that are dried, but have the dog-appeal of moist jerky treats. My dogs are quite spoiled, they turn up their nose at any kind of crunchy dog treat, until now. This is the first dry treat they have ever gotten excited about. And boy, do they get excited. I have 3 dogs, and when I open up the bag their eyes bulge, they quiver and quake....they cannot wait to get these treats! My smallest dog who is usually quite timid, nearly took my fingers off.

The treats are easy to snap into whatever size you need, and they don't leave a greasy mess anywhere.

I am delighted they are made in the USA!!! I stopped buying any China-made treats due to concerns for my dog's health. When shopping, be sure to check not only who is distributing, but where the product is made, and where the meat comes from. It's usually in tiny print on the bottom of the back of the bag, unless they are made in USA-that is usually proudly stamped on front.

The bag says these lamb lungs are at least 72% protein, 6% fat, 2% fiber and 10% moisture. All natural, no artifical colors, flavors, or preservatives. They come from Merrick Pet Care in Amarillo, TX. Merrick has been in business making dog treats for more than 20 years. I am delighted to give them my repeat business!

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog's favorite treat!, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)
I keep these in my pocket during dog walks and all the canines in the park follow me around. This stuff is sometimes called the "crack" of the dog world. Even my cat likes them. They're crunchy and easy to break into smaller pieces. It's made in the USA and contains no additives - just lamb lung. This is the best thing around to keep my spoiled dog happy and attentive. They are high calorie and expensive so I break them up into small, bite-size treats.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST treats..., March 21, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)
Best treats for anysize dog. No matter how large or small. We give these to our local humane society as well. They dont have the option of purchasing such hi quality treats. our 45 pounder herding dog loves them. and the small dogs think they are steaks... nearly jump 5ft for a piece. dry and greasless and break easily. can put directlly into pocket without concerns of residue transfer. my favorite and the dogs too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Love, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)
I had no idea my shepherd would love this so much. It came as a surprise that he reacted to the smell and taste of this like it was better than bully sticks, pig ears or jerky. When opened, the smell reminded me of Oriental Medicine, but I quickly realized why - because they do use all sorts of dried animal parts for prescribed medicinal concoctions for humans. I digress.

Shepherd was so impatient to eat more of this treat, that I had to make him earn it by calming down and following a test of commands. Wow. Like I said, so unexpected. The texture looks like darkened flattened and dried out pig ear except that it's light and crispy/crunchy without the oily residue. Sizes vary within the bag and the bigger ones, you can easily snap into smaller sizes if you want. He had no bad reactions to it either, and this guy's tummy is so sensitive. All in all, I'm happy with purchase. Mainly, so is my cutie-pie!

(MADE IN THE U.S.A.)

5.0 out of 5 stars All Natural USA made..., February 16, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)
My airedale will do anything for these treats. Our walks have ceased to be a tugging match when I have this lamb treat in my pocket. She walks right beside me...listening to my every command...patiently awaiting her treat.
I love the fact these are all natural and made in the USA.

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Regular, January 17, 2012
KJR (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)
My dogs have been enjoying these treats for years and we've ordered this many times from Amazon in the past. However, our last order was a big disappointment. The description of exactly how much of this product you will receive is very unclear, so when I saw that the product weight is 4.2 lbs and the shipping weight is 4.6 lbs., naturally I expected to receive a minimum of three one pound bags (as we have in the past). Not so. Amazon outrageously charged us $41.00 for a single one pound bag of dried lamb lungs. You'd think I was buying caviar! The treats were promptly packed back up and returned. Tsk, tsk, tsk, Amazon :(

So, 5 stars for the product itself. 0 stars for Amazon this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog would give this 5 stars, January 9, 2013
CBA (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)
My dog loves these treats, and the bag lasts a long time, which I like. However, be aware that these treats smell absolutely disgusting (to humans). Seriously. 0 stars for the smell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs say 'Delicious!', September 10, 2012
Jessica Deis (Evanston, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bag (Misc.)
My two dachshunds are nuts about these lamb lung treats. And I must say that, overall, they are MY favorite dog treats too, because ..... a one pound bag lasts a VERY long time and therefore is very economical, the pieces are easy to break up into any size you need for training, they are a natural lamb Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bagproduct with a genuine aroma of roast lamb, the dogs NEVER get tired of them, you can carry pieces in your pocket and they won't stink or fall apart (but the dogs sure know they're there!). For my dogs, they are the most motivating commercial treat I've found. What's not to like?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, September 11, 2011
I am the aunt to 4 dogs and they visit me for sleepovers - I always try to have treats they like and this was no exception! They kept coming back for more :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamb Filet Squares, June 28, 2011
DOGS LOVE THEM. They are the perfect treat to put in the kennel with them when I have to leave.

ARRAY(0xa38f7b04)