5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves this Food... Maybe TOO Much!!!
Published on July 8, 2012 by missibecky

1.0 out of 5 stars Every can is dented
Published on September 30, 2012 by kzzzzz

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves this Food... Maybe TOO Much!!!, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz (12 count case) (Misc.)
I have been crock-potting food for my elderly dog for over a year now. She had stopped eating almost all foods we tried, except the lean meat, sweet potatoes and broccoli that I would slow cook over a day. Now, I have finally found a stew that she likes more than the crock pot stew. She literally would eat 3 times the recommended daily portions of this food if I would let her. And if I mix it in with dry food, she stealthily removes the wet from the dry leaving a bowl of dried nuggets behind. I feel really good about the nutritional content of this food, but most of all... my dog LOVES it!! I just wish it weren't so pricey. That is my ONLY complaint!

1.0 out of 5 stars Every can is dented, September 30, 2012
Merrick's Senior Medley and Grammy's Pot Pie canned dog food is the ONLY food my dog, who has a history of pancreatitis, can eat. I used to buy it at a local major pet chain but then saw it on Amazon for less so thought it was a great candidate to purchase via subscription (two cases per month of Senior Medley). However, I recently received my first two cases, and every can in the first case I opened was dented. Didn't think too much about it, but then I just opened the second case and every can is also dented. There is a red sticker with a number on the top of each case wrapping -- wonder if that is a flag that the product is a second or reject. You can tell by the nature of the dents and that the "inside" cans are also dented that they were not dented in shipment. Shipping packaging was excellent. I would like to think that the food is safe, but do not want to take a chance so will not purchase it in the future from Amazon.

I buy as much as I possibly can from Amazon (lawnmower included!) and this is the first product disappointment I have had.

UPDATE October 1, 2012: Amazon has resolved the issue to my satisfaction. Great customer service. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent sr food, November 24, 2012
JM03087 (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a highly rated, high quality canned food for my 10 year old Golden - I wanted a pop top, nutritional food, and one that didnt smell like driving by a meat rendering plant on a still July morning ...

This fits the bill! The top pops easily off, no smell, rated 5 stars for nutritional value/ingredients...AND my picky dog loves it.

Overall a good choice and no more expensive having it Amazon Prime delivered then it would be in the local pet store

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff got my dog eating again, March 8, 2014
I don't usually leave reviews, but this time I just have to. We have a 14 year old lab mix, who had started losing weight. His dry food is Taste of the Wild High Prairie, which he had always loved, and was still eating, although his appetite was falling off. I started mixing a can of this with it and he loves it. He's enthusiastic for breakfast for the first time in a long time and his weight loss has stopped. I had tried two or three other wet foods, but they gave him terrible gas! That hasn't happened with this stuff. I highly recommend this food!

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs favorite food, July 15, 2013
After moving to a small town in the northwest from Florida, where I could purchase this food locally, I had to order it online with regular deliveries. It always arrives in a timely manner, and our dog loves it, along with the Merrick dry food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food a TERRIFIC Product!!!, June 25, 2013
Phenominal product...healthful, my picky Yorkie adores it, and it's the senior which is great for him at 8 yrs. old.
Will only purchase thru you from now on; at our local pet store it costs a fortune. Thank you!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged cans covered with MAGGOTS!, September 10, 2014
Subscribe and Save order arrived this week. The shipping box was undamaged. Several of the cans had OLD damage. There were MAGGOTS covering the cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves This! :), June 26, 2014
One of the things that I love about Merrick (and what made me a permanent Merrickan) is that you can see the ingredients as soon as you open the can! I've never liked dog food brands that tell you what their food has in it, but then sells you mush. I like seeing what I'm feeding my dog and seeing them enjoy what I know is a good old-fashioned (doggy safe) Merrickan dinner.

My pooch is 12 years old and after lots of searching and a lot of disappointment, I found a canned dog food brand that gives my dog what she needs as she ages. As much as I love Merrick, though, I'm not about to list all of that, so you can either take my word for it, or check out the Merrick website.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 14 year old Min Pin loves Senior Medley, October 28, 2013
PBB "Peeb" (nations capital) - See all my reviews
My Gin-Gin is a relatively healthly little Min-Pin who loves this food. It's easy to digest and the fact that these are little cans is a huge plus. Before Merrick came out with this product, I was wracking my brains trying to find a food that wouldn't be too harsh for her sensitive system...and Merrick Senior Medley seems to be the answer. I also heat a small bit of oatmeal and add it, as she seems to enjoy this combo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality dogfood, February 23, 2014
We have been feeding this to our minature poodle for two years now. Our dog is a diabetic so we mix it twice a day with cooked whole grain oatmeal using approx. one fourth of the can per feeding. This is the only thing that seems to keep her blood sugar stable.

Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz (12 count case)
$33.99 $29.88