5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves this Food... Maybe TOO Much!!!
Published on July 8, 2012 by missibecky

1.0 out of 5 stars Every can is dented
Published on September 30, 2012 by kzzzzz

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog Loves this Food... Maybe TOO Much!!!, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
I have been crock-potting food for my elderly dog for over a year now. She had stopped eating almost all foods we tried, except the lean meat, sweet potatoes and broccoli that I would slow cook over a day. Now, I have finally found a stew that she likes more than the crock pot stew. She literally would eat 3 times the recommended daily portions of this food if I would let her. And if I mix it in with dry food, she stealthily removes the wet from the dry leaving a bowl of dried nuggets behind. I feel really good about the nutritional content of this food, but most of all... my dog LOVES it!! I just wish it weren't so pricey. That is my ONLY complaint!

1.0 out of 5 stars Every can is dented, September 30, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
Merrick's Senior Medley and Grammy's Pot Pie canned dog food is the ONLY food my dog, who has a history of pancreatitis, can eat. I used to buy it at a local major pet chain but then saw it on Amazon for less so thought it was a great candidate to purchase via subscription (two cases per month of Senior Medley). However, I recently received my first two cases, and every can in the first case I opened was dented. Didn't think too much about it, but then I just opened the second case and every can is also dented. There is a red sticker with a number on the top of each case wrapping -- wonder if that is a flag that the product is a second or reject. You can tell by the nature of the dents and that the "inside" cans are also dented that they were not dented in shipment. Shipping packaging was excellent. I would like to think that the food is safe, but do not want to take a chance so will not purchase it in the future from Amazon.

I buy as much as I possibly can from Amazon (lawnmower included!) and this is the first product disappointment I have had.

UPDATE October 1, 2012: Amazon has resolved the issue to my satisfaction. Great customer service. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent sr food, November 24, 2012
JM03087 (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
I was looking for a highly rated, high quality canned food for my 10 year old Golden - I wanted a pop top, nutritional food, and one that didnt smell like driving by a meat rendering plant on a still July morning ...

This fits the bill! The top pops easily off, no smell, rated 5 stars for nutritional value/ingredients...AND my picky dog loves it.

Overall a good choice and no more expensive having it Amazon Prime delivered then it would be in the local pet store

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs favorite food, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
After moving to a small town in the northwest from Florida, where I could purchase this food locally, I had to order it online with regular deliveries. It always arrives in a timely manner, and our dog loves it, along with the Merrick dry food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food a TERRIFIC Product!!!, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
Phenominal product...healthful, my picky Yorkie adores it, and it's the senior which is great for him at 8 yrs. old.
Will only purchase thru you from now on; at our local pet store it costs a fortune. Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality dogfood, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
We have been feeding this to our minature poodle for two years now. Our dog is a diabetic so we mix it twice a day with cooked whole grain oatmeal using approx. one fourth of the can per feeding. This is the only thing that seems to keep her blood sugar stable.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT...Dog food.. LIFE CHANGING..., December 2, 2013
SM (Stockton, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
My daughter's dog is about 14 years old and was ailing quickly. She lost a lot of weight and we thought her days were numbered. She is a black schipperke. She has now been on Merrick Senior Medley for about 2 months. Her weight is normal, coat shiny and healthy, she's hearing and seeing better and has pep in her step. What else can I say this dog food has increased the dog's life. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog just loves, loves, loves Merrick food!, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
And I like that the senior medley has a lower calorie count. I have a senior dog who also suffered from skin allergies a few years back until I changed over to grain-free. I also have to keep my dog's weight in check and have been feeding my dog grain-free products for several years. Changing over from common dog food, non grain-free food, was simple; my dog loves the taste. But finding enough variety in the local stores at a good price is not so easy. I like that I can purchase this on-line at a great price through the Amazon site. Even happier with subscribe and save option--I just set my delivery options and don't have to worry about running around town with an empty dog bowl!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged cans covered with MAGGOTS!, September 10, 2014
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
Subscribe and Save order arrived this week. The shipping box was undamaged. Several of the cans had OLD damage. There were MAGGOTS covering the cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars A regular staple of my auto-delivery dogfood shipments, July 7, 2014
This review is from: Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count (Misc.)
My 3 senior dogs love this stuff! I switched to feeding them all Merrick grain free dry and wet food about a year ago, and they're all doing the happy dance before dinner! To be honest, when I open the can, it's ingredients I can see and the food smells good enough that sometimes when I'm hungry, I feel like I could totally sneak a bite. It's great stuff that I get on auto delivery! Thanks, Amazon.

Merrick Senior Medley Dog Food 13.2 oz ,12 count