5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Food
Published 22 months ago by Andrea Maynard

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not the product.....it's the packaging!
Published 21 months ago by Barbara Galasso

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Food, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Whole Earth Farms Senior Dry Dog Food, 8-Pound Bag (Misc.)
This is quite simply the best quality food you will buy for this price range. I foster rescued labs, so it is difficult for me to buy the "top of the line" foods such as Blue or Taste of the Wild when I have 4 or more large dogs at a time. Every ingredient in this is high quality. I've purchased the Puppy, Adult and Senior versions of this food and have absolutely no complaints. No foster dog I've brought into my home (and I've had over 50) has every had stomach problems with this food, and none of them get the gradual transition that other dogs get when changing foods. Five stars all the way!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality food at a great price!, November 17, 2012
Good quality food at a great price! It costs no more than the grocery store brands, but has much better ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Furry Son Actually Eats It!!, November 20, 2012
E.K. "E.K." (Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
Merrick Whole Earth Farms Senior Dry Dog Food gets very high marks for purity of ingredients with no corn and little "filler". You can check out any dog food at dogfoodadvisor.com. They give unbiased reviews and analysis of all pet foods including store brands. And my 10 year old dog likes it!!! Bonus!!! He turns his nose up at most higher end kibbles (I don't think I'm allowed to name them here). I like that it is formulated for seniors but I can't say whether eating this food vs. the others has improved his health or makes him feel better as he is pretty spunky. Frankly, I wish he'd settle down sometimes. All in all its good food at a great price with subscribe and save. Speaking of Subscribe and Save, I was getting a 15% discount but Amazon knocked that down to 5% and changed my delivery date without notice. What gives?

5.0 out of 5 stars MY DOGS LOVE IT!!!!, April 1, 2013
Good price for a good product, my dogs are crazy about it. I tried several varieties and they like them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality food budget priced., March 26, 2013
I did as one should and gradually mixed in this food into my 11 yr old labs eukanuba diet. Its been a month now strictly on this food and her coat is MUCH softer with more shine. I compared ingredients with the Euk and others. For the money, at about a buck a pound, this food seems the best value. And of course, less fillers means less crap to clean up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price, February 27, 2013
My dog loves this food. Quality ingredients. dogfoodadvisor rates it 4 stars out of 5. I feed her only this or Pure Balance from Walmart and some cans of 4-Health bought locally. This is an excellent price for this quantity of highly rated dog food.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not the product.....it's the packaging!, January 7, 2013
This was the second time that I ordered this product. Both times the bags were not secure. The first time I thought it was just a fluke. The second time, three of the five bags were open and the dog food was spilled into the shipping box. The other two bags were loosely secured. It made me feel like the product was re-packaged into these bags and not packaged by the manufacturer! Amazon was quick to refund my money so 5 stars to them for that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, February 21, 2014
Merrick is the best food you can feed your dog, in my opinion. I have two senior dachshunds, and I wouldn't feed them anything else. Compare brands for nutritional values, and you'll agree. And, the price is great. (And NO, I do not work for Merrick lol!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, healthy food. Nice price, too., November 19, 2013
E.K. "E.K." (Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
I've done my research and feel that this is the best food I can feed my 11 year old furry son. The ingredients are pure, the minerals are chelated, which is better for absorption, and most of all, he likes it. The only questionable ingredient per the petfood advisor is the tomato pomace, which is the byproduct of tomato, skin, etc. after all the stuff has been extracted for ketchup and other foodstuffs. Some feel that it is just a filler, but it is basically benign. The Merrick Whole Earth Farms has not had a recall that I could find online, o that makes me trust them a bit more than many of the more expensive brands. I give our 80 lb. dog one measured cup for breakfast, one cup for lunch and a can of Merrick Whole Earth Farms Senior Chicken for dinner. He loves that, too. His poops are normal on this diet and he has never been sick since we started feeding him Merrick about 3 years ago. I'm very grateful that he has good health in his senior years, and I believe a lot of it has to do with his diet. We did try a few other brands when the dog food from China scare came about a few years back. I will not feed our dog anything that even has ingredients sourced in China -- even if it is made in the USA. Can you believe companies actually get away with doing that? Buying meat and ingredients from China, then putting it in their pet food and claiming it's made in the USA. More important is where it is sourced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid food, July 9, 2013
Good solid food...Even our older picky eater liked this dog food, this was a good smaller bag size to try out,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›