5.0 out of 5 stars great organic food for dogs
my vet has told me to buy the best pet food i could afford. that used to be iams. after working in a pet store, i discovered merrick. wow, what a difference in ingredients and only a few dollars more. now, all four of my dogs eat merrick wilderness blend dry. they love the taste. i like the natural ingredients. a great product.

steph
Published on December 13, 2005 by Stephanie Marrero

1.0 out of 5 stars Merrick foods contain toxic Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
Merrick dog food is yet another dog food that hides MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) under the words `natural' on the ingredients label. "Natural Chicken Flavor" contains MSG, but neither Merrick--nor any other human or dog food company--has to admit it has MSG because: The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) only requires companies to admit MSG is there is 99% or more MSG...
Published 20 months ago by Harrell Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars great organic food for dogs, December 13, 2005

steph

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dog food ever, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
Our two girls absolutely LOVE this food. The great thing with Merrick is that they all use the same "base". That means that you can change the flavors and it won't upset their stomachs. We've tried a few flavors and the Wilderness Blend is by far their favorite. We can even use it as treats and they love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior dog food for allergies, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
About four years ago, I discovered that my (then 6 mo. old) West Highland Terrier had allergies to chicken and chicken by-products. I tried Nutro and Blue Buffalo over a course of six months, slowly switching in between to lessen any digestive issues. However, neither brand seemed to make a major difference. After reading an online review of Merrick, I switched him to their Wilderness Blend and after about of month I noticed a drastic difference in his health and appearance. He no longer had stomach issues, and his coat went from a dull white-with-yellowish tinge to a beautiful shiny white color. Four years later, he still loves this food, and he remains free of the typical digestive and coat issues that Westies are known for having. I wholeheartedly recommend the dry and canned Merrick non-chicken based products (Wilderness blend, Turducken, Brats-N-Tots, etc.) to anyone with a dog that has food allergies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrick Wilderness Blend - Another great option for the health conscious dog owner, August 15, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
Again, Merrick has created yet another dry food that my dog loves! This particular product, the Wilderness Blend, consists of the flavors of buffalo, venison, and the bold fresh taste of salmon all mixed together for an excursion of the palate for even the most discerning dog. I love Merrick products, and the fact that all of the dry varieties are centered on the same base of ingredients so that you can change out flavors/varieties without having to worry about upset stomachs or other digestive upsets - something that Merrick prides itself on.

The particular product, which is typical of all of the Merrick line, has the # 1 ingredient as real meat, is made of human grade ingredients, contains fresh vegetables and fruit, has no animal fats, is complete with whole grains, and is Made in the USA.

The ingredient list is as follows:

Buffalo, Salmon Meal, Lamb Meal, Ground Rice, Oat Meal, Pearled Barley,Beef Fat(Preserved with mixed tocopherols), Ground Whole Barley, Venison,Natural Flavor, Rice Bran, Yeast culture, Dried Egg Product, Hydrolyzed Yeast,Salmon Oil (a natural source of DHA - Docosahexaenoic Acid)*, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Potato, Dried Carrot, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Dried Apple, Dried Peas, Dicalcium Phosphate, Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate, Choline Chloride, Dried Blueberry , Dried Cranberry, Yucca Schidige

So, basically as you can tell, with Merrick you are getting nothing but the best for your dog! My dog really seems to enjoy this and also loves Merrick Grammys Pot Pie Dog Food 30lb Bag. I switch off and on according to her tastes, and she never has any issues whatsoever with the change. As long as they make this, I will continue to buy - my veterinarian says that she is as healthy as can be, and contributes much of this to her great Merrick diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs are going wild over this, February 20, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
I've just started giving them the Wilderness Blend, switching from regular Purina dog chow. My Boxer has a sensitive stomach and is picky about what she eats. I've had to be creative feeding her the Purina. But this food she is "wild" about. Simply loves it and so does my lab mix. Just have to say though, in the above product description, it says no animal fats, but one of the ingredients listed is beef fat. I am not purchasing this through Amazon though as I am getting it quite a bit cheaper elsewhere online. I have done quite a bit of research on the foods and decided that this one is as good as any of the top of the line foods. At any rate, it will be much better for them than Purina for sure. It is all made in the USA and nothing comes from China. Since they just started on it, I can't say how they will be doing later on it, but so far so good!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogs disliked Large Bites and Salmon, October 13, 2007
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
It is good food. My dogs disliked the large bites and they aren't wild about salmon.They love Merrick can food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Dog Food...., January 3, 2013
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
I have been feeding my dogs this food for about a year now. Their coats are thick and shinny, they have energy to spare!!! Never have they been so healthy. NO preservatives, so they ship direct to my home. No more lugging big bags of dog food from the store either! Keep up the good work Merrick!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
I was looking for a new dog food for my two large dogs. After a couple of failures (they wouldn't eat it), Merrick passed with flying colors. They love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Dog Food Available, March 3, 2008
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
One of the single best dog foods that you can feed your dog. Top of the line premium organic ingredients. It isn't full of cheap corn filler like your typical grocery store brands are. If you love your dog and care about what they're eating, then you won't buy anything less.

5.0 out of 5 stars DOGLOVERS MEAL, February 18, 2008
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 30lb Bag (Misc.)
MY 3 BOYS JUST LOVE THE WILDERNESS MERRICKS I WAS USING A COMPANY THAT DELIVERED TO MY HOME MONTHLY BUT THE DOGS STOOD BY THERE BOWL AND LOOKED UP AT ME AS IF TO SAY"WHATS FOR SUPPER THIS? NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! THEN I TRIED MERRICKS AND ,THATS ALL SHE WROTE.