5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs give it 2 paws up
Published on November 20, 2012 by Meg

3.0 out of 5 stars Great ingredients
It has great ingredients but caused my puppy awful gas. I think it may be better for adult dogs and maybe not for my puppy.
Published 12 months ago by dmcstudent

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs give it 2 paws up, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food 13.2 oz , 12 Count (Misc.)
My dogs love this food, and you can't beat the Amazon subscription price. I am fanatical when it comes to feeding my dogs. I lost a dog to the 2007 poisoning scandal, I vowed it would never happen again. So I am very particular about the ingredients of the food, the source of ingredients, the company, and the manufacturer. I like that merrick's food is produced in-house, this lowers the possibility of a mass scale contamination issue like what happened recently with Diamond. So far merrick has not been involved in any major recalls, accept for a few years back they voluntarily recalled some treats. Since then I have been very impressed with the innovations they have made in terms of food selection and production. Granted this food is not for every dog, as all dogs have differing digestions. But so far my two Chesapeake's love this stuff. It's made a great addition to their rotating meal plan...I feed a couple different brands of canned meat, which helps keep their diet balanced. This is one that will remain in the rotation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., January 9, 2014
What can I say? It's dog food. I don't eat it. However, I chose this brand because of the ingredients, with real buffalo, venison and salmon as 3 of the first 4 ingredients (the 4th being beef broth). My 2 dogs (150# Newfie and 80# retriever) love it and I feel like I am feeding them more than empty calories, filler and gravy. This is chunky style and I add a spoonful to their dry food at every meal. A can will last 3-4 meals. A little higher priced, but I am very selective about everything they put in their bodies. Both dogs are rescues and I want them to live a full, happy, healthy life.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves this food!, November 2, 2012
I bought this as a supplement in between dry food - so she could have a mixture. But now, Chloe is refusing any food but this. It is much more expensive than the dry food that I was feeding her - but it is definitely worth it. It is made with real meat - and no byproducts, which is important to me!
This is a great food for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gracie says she likes it!, March 2, 2014
When you open the can, it does not smell like something died. Also the food is identifiable. You see the chunks of meat and vegetables.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pet Food, February 1, 2014
I mix this food with dry dog food and my dog loves it. I use many of the different flavors and she is eating well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woofalicious!, October 10, 2013
Yup. I did call it that. She loves it. She loves all of the wet food so far. She's a happy healthy doggy. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loved it., September 19, 2013
I have a basenji. All I can say that he instantly loved it, no best of all - No diarrhea!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dog Food, February 15, 2013
Bruce Sobocinski (Shavertown Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I mix this wet food in with merrick dry food. My black mouth cur loves all of the different cans. I also love the variety, and I enjoy giving my dog different flavors of food. I think she really enjoys them. She always eats all of her food, and this food agrees well with her. Her other favorite is Merrick Wingaling. The price on Amazon beats my local pet store so next time i will be ordering on here. This is very good food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice variety, March 27, 2014
Merrick produces a quality product that you can easily use to add variety to a dog's otherwise boring diet. This variety is a large chunk in gravy so keep that in mind if ordering for small dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Dog Food, November 29, 2014
applewood (everywhere and nowhere) - See all my reviews
A couple of years ago I got a bunch of Merrick canned food at a close-out discount. This fall I finally began feeding it to my old dog who had apparently lost his appetite, and he loved it (and began eating heartily like a much younger dog). After going through that supply I got some good but less expensive cans for him (pate style) which he eats but not with the same gusto. So I splurged and got him this Wilderness Blend - which he again eats with relish.

It looks good enough for me to want too! (It looks like a typical canned stew you'd find on the supermarket shelf for humans, but with better ingredients!) Other reviewers have complained that their cans came dented, none in my case were, and the easy pull lid is a nice convenient plus.

Overall this is a quality product, but most importantly my old boy is very happy with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›