5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable romantic regency novel.
This was a very fun, quick read. There are some very witty and humorous parts that I really enjoyed. I expected the outcome, but things didn't come about the way I thought they would in the end and it's always nice to have some twists in the plot. It was also very clean except for some brief mild language.
Published on January 1, 2011 by TSherm

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun escape novel
This regency romance is a fun escape novel to be read in just a few sittings. It isn't deep and the plot moves quickly. No Jane Austen, this, but an OK read. Many typos in the version (big print) I purchased. Needs a good copy editor!
Published 16 months ago by Xlencee

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable romantic regency novel., January 1, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars A funny classic regency romance!, December 28, 2010
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
A Very Merry Chase is a classic Regency Romance. If you love Georgette Heyer you'll love this book. It was nearly bed time when I started reading. I told myself I'd just read the first chapter. Ha! By four in the morning I had to force myself to stop and go to bed. After about two hours sleep I got up to see my husband off to work and then after waving him away with bloodshot eyes, I finished the book. There's a large group of minor characters in the background and several times I had to stop and remember who was who, but I loved all the main characters including the bad guy (who isn't very lovable, but there's something about him that makes me hope he has a happy end somewhere). For some reason I assumed the ending would be very similar to the first chapter (but different) and it wasn't so I was slightly disappointed, but with hindsight the real ending works very well. The characters are strong and stable and Bohannon has a gift for timing. She builds tension and releases it at the perfect moment. I look forward to buying her future stories (whatever the genre).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Regency Romance, February 9, 2011
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
Last month I won an e-version of A Very Merry Chase, a fun regency romance written by Teresa Thomas Bohannon. I have to admit I admire Ms. Bohannon--in the intro of the book she tells that this was 30+ years in the making. Personally, I am not sure I would ever have that much patience with the process; however, I think the end result was worth the effort because A Very Merry Chase has memorable characters and fast moving plot. I particularly liked Sabrina St. Clair, the lead character in the novel. She is a spunky woman who more than meets her match in Lord Branderly. If you like regency romance, this is worth the purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Lady and the- Highwayman?, October 21, 2011
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
I was transported to the past when I enjoyed the pleasure of reading a Georgette Heyer or a lighter Carla Kelly for the first time.
This book was a delightful light Regency Romance that amused me from start to finish. Misunderstandings, witty dialogue, and plot twists were ready fare.

The heroine is a beautiful head strong lady who is used to having male admirers and doing as she pleases.
The hero is a man who has found his fortune and received his title after a harsh upbringing that made him of sterner stuff than the average nobleman about Town.
A misunderstood situation involving the two of them starts them off on the wrong foot, but a greedy villain who will go his length to get what he wants, a mystery surrounding her missing brother, and supporting characters who help or hinder as the case may be send them on this Very Merry Chase of love.

And to think this was the author's first writing effort. Enjoy it, I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Merry Chase by Teresa Bohannon, April 27, 2011
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. I love historical romances, my favorite is the Regency period, and this met both of them. I believe the title of the book tells it all. This is such a lively well written book with fantastic characters. It was fast paced, which I also enjoy in a book. Sometimes your historicals are not always fast paced, but A Very Merry Chase definitely is. I would highly recommend to someone who is looking for a fast merry chase into romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Merry Chase, April 24, 2011
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
This is a wonderful Regency romance. The author knows her stuff and takes you
back to a time in England that was rife with social intrigue and humor.
Loved it and you will as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly hard to put down!, March 19, 2011
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
What an enjoyable read . . . an independent, strong heroine; a dreamy duke; and a cast of colorful characters you can't help but like . . . this is a well-written, humorous romance that really is hard to put down. A charming blend of wit, mystery, and intrigue kept me furiously clicking through the Kindle "pages" to the very end. I truly hope the author won't make us wait another 35 years for a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun story and characters, January 29, 2014
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this story. The characters are fun and memorable. The heroine is a unique, independent woman who makes this an entertaining read. I also enjoyed the author's description of how this story came about.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, September 27, 2013
This review is from: A Very Merry Chase (Kindle Edition)
I love reading about a heroine who can take care of herself! Now I will be anxiously waiting for Devlin's story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun escape novel, March 27, 2013