Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Merry Christmas, Alex Cross
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 12, 2012
I'm giving the story a five star rating but certainly not the price. According to my ipad's kindle app, it said the book was 338 pages. However, the chapters are shorter than ever (& what's up with that anyway), so it truly is not 338 pages. The kindle edition is only $2 cheaper than the $14.99 hardcover edition....so, since the "publishers" set the price, does that mean it only actually costs them $2 to print a book? This is digital content & should definitely not cost more than $10. The story is typically great & fast-paced & since I had pre-ordered, I've already finished reading it and feel like my $14.99 flew out the window. I'm done with these outrageous prices.
1919 comments|220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
As I've read all the books with Alex Cross in them, I was eager to begin his next adventure. What a disappointment! I was hoping that Cross would continue to be "part of a team" of investigators working on a case. What I found was,,,Washington D.C. could not function unless Cross was in the lead. Even his family could not enjoy Christmas without his appearance. At one point in the story, Alex's wife appears at the hostage scene and tells Cross to leave and come home as it was Christmas. REALLY???? The entire story had people in awe of Cross. He became a "super hero" and not the character I've loved from past books.
When I got 89% finished with the story on my Kindle, I then discovered that the book had ended (most books go til 99%). For the money I paid and the lack of a farmilar character, I will check out James Patterson's next Alex Cross book at the library. If the story line fails me again,,,I think that I'm done with Alex Cross.:(
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
Alex Cross has been one of my favorite characters for many years. He's gotten out from many bad situations by the skin of his teeth.

First of all, the product details is wrong... This book description says 353 pages but it is actually 101. It's a short novel packed with gripping suspense and some hair-raising action. It's Christmas and as we all know, Alex has high family values. The kids, Bree and Nana is his life. He gets called out to a hostage situation that turns deadly and during this time Alex has to make some serious decisions that affect his whole family, especially at Christmas.

This is a most memorable story but, the price is ridiculous.
5 stars for the story
1 star for the price
5050 comments|319 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
What a rip-off book.. I think these are a combo of 3 different stories...I got past the first one and the middle of the second one before I tossed the kindle down in disgust. I think J.P should hang up his pen. Alex Cross comes off as a whipped husband and grand-son. Also please advertise this book as short stories.
66 comments|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
As a reader who had read every James Patterson book until he began having co-authors fill in the blanks a few short years ago, I began only purchasing the beloved Alex Cross books which used to be solely written by Patterson. I have officially purchased my last Patterson book with Merry Christmas Alex Cross as now this character has lost his luster along with the other original Patterson characters because of the apparent popularity which resulted in mass producing books written by multiple authors under the name of James Patterson. Very sad. Michael Connelly and John Sandford have replaced Patterson as the best authors of nail biting mysteries which you cannot put down because they write their own stuff and only publish one or two books per year which maintains the integrity of the characters and the quality of their works. Goodbye James Patterson.
on November 16, 2012
Not only is this book dull dull dull - it's poorly written. It's just the same old formula thrown together, no finesse at all. I'm not even sure it is a new story. It's two ideas jammed together for Paterson to make a buck before Christmas. This is the last Alex Cross book I will ever buy and I was a HUGE fan once.
on November 13, 2012
It was just an OK story, but as another reviewer posted, this is just greedy. I was done in a few hours. Hard to tell from buying the kindle version and the supposed number of pages how short this really was. Chapters were barely pages. As for the storyline, the two main plots were stories that had been done before many times - a hostage situation and a terrorist situation without much suspense. Not impressed by this at all.
on November 16, 2012
I used to buy Patterson's books as soon as published. "Merry Xmas Alex Cross" was no exception...What a disappointment! Had I known that this book would be made of two (very) short stories for the price of a full novel , I would have passed on it. Stories are just ok ...and I wish I could get my money back.
on November 23, 2012
The worst Alex Crross /James Patterson I've ever read very disappointed, seemed like Patterson was just writing because he had to, not because he cared about the character, story or the reader. Dont waste your money.
on November 15, 2012
I love the Alex Cross books, usually I just buy them or check them out at the library, but this time I decided to read the reviews to see what is was about. No matter how exciting the book is supposed to be,I don't want to spend $14.95 for a short story. Kindle books are already too expensive compared to what it costs to produce them. I'll pick up the book in the library in a few months and read it for free.