Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Merry Christmas, Festus and Mercury
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

100%

on April 8, 2015
This is a book I loved to read to my children at Christmas time when they were little. It is a delightful story. We loved the illustrations because Sven Nordqvist added all kinds of interesting "creatures." We loved the ending, and whenever we read it we wanted to make gingerbread!
on January 6, 2009
Year after year, this remains my grandchildrens' first pick for Christmas reading. Festus and his cat Mercury have me so charmed that I don't mind at all the request to read this story repeatedly during every Christmas season. What a good example is put before the readers of the true meaning of Christmas and the spirit of neighborly giving. This is accomplished with such clever development that there is not a trace of smug, self-satisfying oratory to the lesson of love. It's easy to see that simple generosity and kindly spirit are the real ingredients to make a successful holiday.
on September 17, 2010
This book is fun on so many levels. The art work is wonderful with such a sense of action and whimsy. The story is one of warmth and community where neighbors come together to help a friend in need. Christmas is simple in this story, based on relationship, the way we all wish it could be.
on August 1, 2011
If you want to broaden your international studies of Christmas celebrations, don't miss this one. You'll laugh your way through your holly-daze.
on November 23, 2014
Grew up getting this book from the library every Christmas. I bought a library copy, so it's perfect! Love this book, the story is cute and the illustrations are adorable.
on April 14, 2016
We love, love, love these sweet stories. The illustrations are wonderful, and the stories are so sweet. We have all that are available!
on December 21, 2013
Funny and moving story. Beautiful drawings. My 2 sons 6 and 8 were laughing out loud. We all agree that this book is excellent!