Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meryl Streep Collection (The House of the Spirits / Music of the Heart / Marvin's Room)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon February 19, 2012
You really can't beat this disc. All 3 movies that are included in this are great. It's one disc. One side contains "Music of the Heart" and "Marvin's Room". The other side contains "House of the Spirits". Because the transfer is compressed there are no special bonus features or close captioning etc. It's just the movies. I loved this and found it at Target for $5. That's less than $2 for each movie! You can't beat that. Meryl Streep is one of the most incredible actresses out there and she's different in every one of these films. She disappears into each of the characters. Sometimes you buy a double or quadruple feature disc where only 1 or 2 of the movies are good, not with this, these are all good! Great buy. They should do this with some of the big actors getting some good gems on one disc like this, not their crappy movies when they were starting out.
on March 2, 2013
I'm really disappointed in the quality of this DVD -- NOT in Meryl Streep. First, because there's no way to choose which of the movies you watch. The first one's first and that's it. Second, there's no closed captioning. My mother needs it, so I can't watch it with her. And she's always near the TV. Makes me wonder if it's pirated.
on February 7, 2013
I just finished watching all three of these wonderful movies and loved them all. MUSIC OF THE HEART WAS the movie I thought I would like the least. I did not think a movie about a bunch of inner-city elementary kids learning to play a violin would hold my interest. I was so wrong! This movie tugged at my heart strings. Before watching this movie I never listened to violin music. MUSIC OF THE HEART gave me an appreciation for this instrument the violin and the beautiful music it produces. MERYL STREEP was amazing in the role of Roberta Guaspari fighting to teach violin to students in a rough inner-city. However, it was the children who were the real stars of this movie. I highly recommend this movie to be watched with a box of tissues. MUSIC OF THE HEART TWO THUMBS UP. :)
on June 11, 2013
The three films presented here are entirely different, one from the other. I enjoyed two of the three, though I feel I must see the one I didn't enjoy so much was because I didn't get the message behind the film. The House of Spirits is the powerful fulcrum of the three films and worth the price of the DVD all by itself -- a ride to remember!
on September 22, 2013
Never has it been easier for me to give a product a five-star (I Love It) rating. Three excellent, thoughtful, moving films starring Meryl Streep, the actress most honored by the Motion Picture Academy on one DVD! What's not to love? Buying this DVD is a no-brainer!
on March 5, 2015
Music of the Heart is outstanding and the DVD is worth it just for that movie alone. The House of the Spirits was interesting (a bit strange) but moving. I have not been able to watch the third film yet because of a quirk in my DVD player, as I have no remote for it. I am delighted with the DVD and highly recommend it. I will watch Marvin's Room on my computer when I get the chance. This is a wonderful value and contains very worthwhile films.
on April 28, 2014
Meryl Streep was a freshman in my college dorm when I was a junior. As it happened, I fixed her up with the young man she ended up dating for several years. As a consequence, I have always taken a great interest in her career. What struck me most was her performance in a play called "Uncommon Women and Others" which was about students in a women's college and was broadcast on PBS. As that was the context in which I knew her, it is a tribute to her acting skills that I quickly forgot the young woman in my dorm and believed wholly in the quite different character she was playing. She is truly one of the greatest actresses of her generation.
on August 4, 2013
no dislike plenty of like! it is realy nice that ther are people out ther that bring us back to the good old movie days.actors ho we knew and remember.(meryl streep) being one.enjoyed all 3 movies.i was a projectionest and was lucky to see all thes great movies.back in the real movie area.you would stand in line for a must see movie. you would plunk down a dime!! by your goodes then there was this man in unaform to take you to ure seat (user) did i speel that ok? o well. and you thout you where in a palace! not a theater! () o well! what do think about movies now? o well enough said. watch t.v. ha!
on February 9, 2014
this was a very good buy especially for meryl streep lovers which I consider myself as one. it is a welcome addition to any movie collectors collection. The product came on time and in very good condition. would definitely buy this dvd again.
on April 24, 2014
The three movies in the set are completely different from each other. My favorite is Music of the Heart. The House of the Spirits is kind of an epic taking place in Argentina that has its moments. The set is worth having although I found that Marvin's Room did not keep my interest.