4.0 out of 5 stars A great beach bag
Published on July 28, 2008 by Mom of three

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Too damn big.. IT's HUGE!
Published 2 months ago by Chantel Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A great beach bag, July 28, 2008
This review is from: Mesh Family Beach Tote - White & Hot Pink w black Carabiner Hook by Saltwater Canvas (Apparel)
This beach bag is very strong, durable and roomy. I can fit 5 beach towels, swim suits, toys, sunscreen, bug spray into the bag with room for more if I needed it. The outside pockets come in handy for little items so I don't have to dig through the bag looking for them. The straps are long enough to put up on my shoulder to carry the bag but when it's heavy, the straps hurt my bare shoulders. The only thing I would like to see improved is perhaps a padded strap. There is LOTS of pocket space which is really nice. This bag is a great buy-definetely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but HUGE, August 18, 2009
This bag is extremely sturdy and stiff enough to stand open but still 'crushable' for storage. Seems like it will last forever. I got it b/c I go out on a boat frequently for work and need a place for towels, camera, raincoat and other misc stuff. The measurements are accurate however when I measured them out prior to ordering I still did not picture the bag being as large as it is! If it is for an outing for 3 or more I would bet this is the size you need, For one person it is way too big though and I am going to order their dolphin bag instead. The pockets on the outside will hold a lot but I would actually prefer a few smaller pockets too. All in all a great bag!
UPDATE: I ended up going back to order a smaller size 'dolphin' bag and mentioned that it would be nice if they offered a bag with a solid (rather than mesh) bottom for non beach uses and for a very small fee she made one that way for me. I even got to pick the colors. It took maybe 1 extra day over ordering what is listed on the website. The seller communicates fast and is very friendly and helpful! I strongly recommend them, and would not hesitate to ask for what I wanted from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tote, July 2, 2008
We walk to the beach often and a good tote is very important. This is probably the best tote we've found so far because of it's large size, outside pockets, and mesh material. The size is large enough for several beach blankets and a few beach toys. The outside pockets can hold snacks, sunscreen, and drinks. The mesh design makes it easy to have the sand escape. We've been using canvas bags until now and this is much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bag ever!, July 7, 2008
This is the ultimate beach bag! It is well made, and the compartments are convenient. When I'm done, I just rinse it and the sand is out! No scrubbing. No mess. I can carry beach towels for 5 and still have room for more. Other family members loved it too and are now purchasing their own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, June 26, 2009
This is a great bag. I bought it to go to the pool. It will work as well for the beach. It is well made and has lots of room. I think it is priced right. Right now it is holding 2 pairs of children's wet shoes, 2 water guns, 1 small ball, 5 diving sticks and 4 diving torpedos, 3 face masks and a pair of goggles, a sack of snacks, 2 kick boards, 2 towels, 2 bottles of sunscreen, a pack of ear plugs, a container of bandaids, a pouch for my personals and a pen. I plan on adding another towel and a book. I will still have room to tuck in a few more small items if I need to. There is a hook for my keys so I don't have to go digging. I am so glad I purchased this bag. And it doesn't feel as heavy as the over sized straw bag that held the same stuff. The strap is unraveling so I needed a replacement and I was constantly having to dig for everything. This new bag keeps everything organized and is attractive and durable. I know I will have it for many summers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will hold a lot of stuff, June 23, 2009
Bought this for the beach... not a boat or lake.

Pro:
+ Very large capacity... holds 4 or 5 big towels
+ Mesh allows for better cleaning
+ Mesh also allows you to see what's inside
+ A clip to hold keys... (you can also add on a ring here if you think the clip is too small/tight)
+ Nice outside pockets, for small things
+ Handles easy to hold in one hand when full (it's surprising how few bags allow yo to do this!)

Con:
- Frankly, in my opinion, it's ugly
- No way to close or zip the top

Bottom line: Recommended, but would love color options as well as a zipper top/lid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Beach Bag!, September 2, 2012
I purchased this bag for use on our 9-day beach vacation with 2 small children, because it was described as being sturdy and very roomy. Right on! We stuffed it full and beat the heck out of the bag, and it still looks brand new. Lots of compartments make organization a snap- room for diapers, wipes, sippy cups, bug spray, sunglasses, books, towels, swimsuits, snacks, and more. It has one inner pocket that zips- and that was the perfect place for cell phone, keys, wallet, and in our case, passports & travel documents. I also love all the color choices, the white/pink/green is very vibrant. Highly recommend. I have a feeling this will be the last family beach bag I purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars This bag is awesome!, February 28, 2012
I have been looking for a large beach bag for a while. I have an 18 month old that requires me to tote a lot of things around, and this is it! We go to the pool every weekend during the summer and are vacationing at the beach this year, so I am very excited to have a beach bag that will hold more than two towels. I so far have 4 towels, 4 different bottles of sun screen, glasses, swim diapers for the lil' one, her coverup and mine, and there is still TONS of room left!

The only bad thing is that I found the bag to have a pretty strong smell, so I will probably spray it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, December 1, 2009
FizzaM (Sugar Land TX USA) - See all my reviews
This bag is just great, it is big, the good size for 2 adults - 2 children - we ended up carrying a lot of extra stuff to the beach. Perfect for the beach or the pool trip. The best feature is that the sides are see through and it is very easy to locate all the items. The side compartments are very useful, there is a place for everything. The material is a little stiff but it holds up great. My husband did not like the price but even he is now agreeing that this is the best bag and is worth the money.

Also I have contacted the seller to make sure that I will receive the bag on time and they were very nice and helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shower bag for college, November 23, 2010
Molly MacGregor (Providence, RI United States) - See all my reviews
Back in 2000 I received a saltwater canvas shower bag for my high school graduation. It was great for dorm showers and after seeing me tote it down the halls, several of my classmates bought them as well. After using it for 4 years, it still looked pretty new and unlike those who didn't buy saltwater canvas bags, mine was still smelling fresh.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›