Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Chad Valley All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Kids Halloween

Format: Audio CDChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star).show all reviews
on September 18, 2008
To put it mildly, this CD is pretty bad. The production however is quite good - the mixing and mastering and sonic qualities are very good. Too bad they had such drivel to work with. This guy is for music what evening TV actors are for acting. Awful. You know when you see someone over-acting so much it is almost laughable? That's what this guy does when he sings. He is so full of his overblown self importance and "I'm so deep and spent so much time calculating how to express my inner emotions" - it is excruciating. And it is phony. Small surprise that his music is sometimes used on TV shows.

I kept thinking it was gonna get better, but it only got worse. Then it got to "I'll Be" which, well, the single studio version was . . . well . . . it was what it was, it wasn't bad so much as overplayed, the kind of song that is harmlessly poignant. But on this CD we get the "live" version and McCain just butchers it with awful overacting with the phony emotion he forces down the listeners ear canals. It would actually be rather comical if he wasn't so serious about it.

Seriously, this CD is like prime time TV, stay away and you'll be the better for it. I give it 2 Stars because of the very good engineering and mastering, the only redeeming qualities of this CD.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again