5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy
Works perfectly with Xbox and modified controllers. A bargain compared to Microsoft's branded version. Would definitely recommend the brainydeal version.
Published 8 months ago by Jennifer L. Cooksey

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer BEWARE!
Seems to work well and the buttons are rubber which feels nice however, the buttons don't light up. It says it does but I can't get it to.
Published 17 months ago by Gamergirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer BEWARE!, July 14, 2013
This review is from: Text Messenging wired Keyboard ChatPad for Xbox 360 - Black (Video Game)
Considering I play in the dark this was the main reason for ordering this particular product so,it has gone back. I tried to make it work because i loved the rubber buttons but.. its just useless when you cant see what your typing. Found myself using D pad.
Nice accessory to have though. One of the best accessories I've seen/used.
Also, didn't come in retail packaging. Just a small box w bubble wrap.

****UPDATE****
BUYER BEWARE!! This seller is a joke! I'll delete this comment if they make things right until then others need to be aware of this!
FIrst off, this chat pad DOES NOT light up like it says on the description!
I contacted them when i bought the chat pad asking them how to make it light up, they gave me instructions basically only how to use it not to make it light up. I email them back saying no this didnt make it light up. I told them i was returning it.

Went to UPS and sentt it back. It cost me $13.11 to return this item.
I hadnt heard a word from them in almost a week so i emailed them. They said give it about 4 buis days and you should see your refund.. were sorry for the inconv...blah blah..blah...

I saw today $9.00 was refunded. I emailed them AGAIN asking where the rest was. It wasn't defected or a change of mind it was false advertisement plain and simple!
They replied saying $2.98 was refunded for the defected item. I JUST now replied stating there was nothing defective about the chat. Its the fact it doesnt do what the description states it does. I REALLY hope they decided to give me my WHOLE refund!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, October 3, 2013
Arrived broken. Doesn't work on any controllers. Instructions weren't helpful. There was no backlight at all to the buttons. I don't recommend at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE This thing is a piece of garbage, October 4, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
My headset does not work properly when this thing is plugged in.

Damnit - just wasted a few hours talking to tech support.,

i was a sucker for a few bucks.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, August 23, 2013
unit was DOA. I guess that's what I get for trying to go cheap. do yourself a favor and get an original xbox keyboard

3.0 out of 5 stars Buttons don't light up, July 20, 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I play and chat in a very dimly lit room this chat pad is not back lit as advertised. The buttons are responsive and work great. The device came with on instructions and in a plain white box.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok, but not quite as advertised, March 15, 2013
The unit works properly and has all the functions of any other XBox controller keyboard however the model sent to me does NOT have a back light. I would have preferred this function as I've used these before that have lights and it makes it much easier to find the correct key for the symbol you're looking for.

Would have rated it 5 stars if it would have been lit but I see improper marking of functions and features as a serious issue, and while it's not technically the products fault, this seriously detracts from the usability as well. (FYI: I've also noted this same issue on my seller feedback as well).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad chat pad, December 8, 2014
Not a bad chat pad. The buttons are rubber so it makes it hard to type messages. And the keypad is not backlit making it a pain to type as well. You get what you pay for and it certainly works just not as well add you would like. I purchased a different chatpad here on amazon. Xbox oem pad for 14$ and done change well worth it. It's backlit the keys are hard plastic makes typing way faster and easier. Worth the extra few bucks imo.

1.0 out of 5 stars THE KEYBOARD IS NOT BACKLIT AS DESCRIBED, June 3, 2014
Greg Young (columbus, OH, US) - See all my reviews
The description is not accurate. The keyboard is not backlit. It does not lite up in any way. You can not read the keyboard in low light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, April 17, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars works for typing, April 4, 2014
Works good. Takes a second when I plugged it in to start typing. But i when I connect a headset the headset does not work.

Text Messenging wired Keyboard ChatPad for Xbox 360 - Black